HRVHS Eagle Update
Monday May 2nd, 2022
May 2nd- May 13th, 2022
May 4th, 2022
3:45-5:45 9th-10th on site
6:00-7:00 9th -12th virtual
May 7th, 2022
SAT at HRVHS
PROM at The Dalles Readiness Center
May 19th, 2022
6:30-8:00- Local Scholarship Night
May 26th, 2022
OPEN House- details to come
June End of Year Dates
6/7 & 6/8- 12th grade Final Exams
6/9-Last Day for 12th grade & check out
6/10-Class of 2022 Graduation
6/21- Final Exams Periods 1,3,5, 9-11th grade
6/22- Final Exams Periods 2,4, 9-11th grade
6/22- Last Day 9-11th grade and check out
Please note Final Exams will not be administered early.
Counseling Department Updates
Class of 2022:
- Senior letters went home this week to let parents know if their student is on-track or in danger of not graduating.
- Seniors taking a BYU Independent Study correspondence course as a graduation requirement, must take the final exam and pass the class no later than May 15th in order to walk and graduate (must also pass all other requirements/classes).
- All Credit Recovery must be done/passed by June 1st.
- Local Scholarship night is Thursday, May 19th at 6:30pm to 8pm. Our format will change slightly this year to accomodate for social distancing.
Class of 2023:
- For those interested in attending a 4 or 2 year college after graduation, it is time to do your research! Many colleges have virtual open houses going on right now.
- Go to the websites of the colleges of interest and sign up! You can find resources by logging in to SchooLinks.
- Click on School, then testing to find the sign up links.
Class of 2024:
- You can schedule a meeting with your student’s school counselor next during spring conference times ahead of time by sending them an email or calling 541-386-2770.
- Appointments are not needed but are welcomed.
Class of 2025:
- Remember to make your appointment with your counselor to go over your course requests for next year.
- We hope to have all requests in by May 13.
Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
HRVHS offers several dual credit courses that allow students to begin working towards their AAOT degree. Depending on the student schedule and course load, some may even be able to complete a full 2 years of college credits while in high school.
Please click on the link for the presentation about this option.
Students can talk with their school counselors during their forecasting meeting about the dual credit courses that are available for their grade level.
Class of 2022 Graduation Update
Please note the following very important dates and information:
Senior final class day and checkout June 9, with graduation practice 1:30-4:30pm.
All coursework must be completed for teacher sign-off by 12:00pm (Noon), Thursday, June 9.
All records of independent study completion, grades, etc. must be to your counselor by Monday, May 16, 2022.
Graduation practice: Thursday, June 9 (1:30-4:30pm), Friday, June 10 (8:00am – 10:30am) at Henderson Stadium.
All graduating seniors must successfully attend both practice sessions. Seniors must adjust work and personal schedules to accommodate the practice schedule.
Graduation Ceremony: Friday, June 10 at 6:00 – 8:30 pm at Henderson Stadium.
The venue will open to guests at 5pm.
Each graduating senior will receive four tickets for guests to enter the campus. Tickets will be distributed to seniors at the final graduation practice on the morning of June 10th. Parents, family, and friends must have a ticket to gain entrance to the preferred seating on the football field. Tickets will be collected. Grandstands will be open to general seating.
Masks are optional.
Special care will be taken to preserve the turf field. No food or drink, balloons, or spike heeled shoes.
In the event of rain, please do not bring an umbrella. It would obstruct the view of others. A photographer will be taking photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma.
Families in need of handicapped access should contact the senior class advisors in advance in order to secure the best accommodation. Handicapped parking will be near the ticket booth and the stadium bathroom.
Additional details will follow in the senior graduation letter that will be mailed out this week.