May 4, 2020
Assistant Principal Updates and Information
- Transfer window has been extended through Friday, May 22.
- The AP EOY Checklist is finally available. Please know that there are things up in the air and changes happen quickly. We will keep the revision date live, so that when you refer back to the list you will be working in the latest version. This will be posted in the newsletter each week, and also on the AP meeting tab in the Student Services Site.
- Keller U is going virtual! Click here for the update.
- The timeline for teachers to enter Pass/Fail into TAC is extended to May 18th
Grades available in HAC - May 26th
- Transcripts complete for all grade levels - June 5th
- Compliance Videos due May 15th https://kellerisd-tx.safeschools.com/training/home
- Great resources for families in the areas of counseling and SEL - Updated often
Intervention Counseling Assistance for Staff
Keller ISD’s Intervention Counseling Department will be offering to all employees the opportunity to take part in ongoing, virtual support groups specific to their needs.
These support groups will allow staff to further process and debrief with others that share similar issues during this unprecedented time.
Two groups will be available each week, beginning at 3 p.m. Click the following links to join one of the respective groups on Zoom at their designated time:
3 p.m. Thursday, May 14 | Empty Nesters (PW: HBy12M0a)
During this time of quarantine with COVID-19, Intervention Counseling is continuing to search for ways to support the social emotional needs of KISD employees.
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Counseling Intervention Services Marcene Weatherall at Marcene.Weatherall@KellerISD.net.
Special Education Training Opportunities
- Sign up for the training you are interested in and a zoom link will be sent. Click here
Aeries - Update
Welcome to the Sandbox! (https://kellerisd.aeries.net/)
The Sandbox is just what it implies -- a place to play and hone your Aeries skills with data being refreshed nightly. It will evolve over time until we are ready to use it permanently on July 13.
1. An account has been created for you. The login id is your employee number. Your password will be the first initial of your first name + the first initial of your last name + the last 4 of your SSN + the last two digits of your birth year --- all lowercase. (ex. rd428172). Login documentation has been attached to this email.
2. Currently, the Sandbox is refreshed nightly, so you don’t worry about making mistakes.
3. Categories have been set up in ServiceNow if you need to report any issues or have any questions. Look for the main category of “Aeries SIS”. Team members will answer these questions as they have time.
4. Your security access will also evolve up to our implementation date (July 13) as decisions are made. If you don’t see something that you need, don’t panic!! Just enter a ServiceNow ticket under the Aeries SIS category. If you do see something that you feel you shouldn’t see, let us know that as well through a service ticket. Please do not submit any tickets directly to Aeries – use ServiceNow exclusively to report issues.
Things to Note
· Logins into the system will be synced with your network id/pswd by July 13.
· The current users are employees from Educational Support, campus front office staffs and Technology.
· Teacher Portal and Gradebook will be opened once the master schedule data has been approved.
· If you have not attended the Basic Overview class, please make time to watch the Basic Overview videos found on the Aeries site (web link below)
· Training Videos: http://aeries.com/Training-Support/support-videos
· Support Documentation (How To’s): https://support.aeries.com/support/home
Dates to Remember
· June 19, 2020 – Last Day to enter anything in eSchoolPLUS. (Only Technology team members will have access to eSchoolPLUS after this date)
· July 13, 2020 – Day One on the new Aeries SIS
· May 14, 21, 28 and June 4, 2020 – Basic Overview classes for EDC and EDW staff.
· August 19, 2020 – First day of School
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105