Mrs. Blalock's Bulletin
Class Update 3/16/16
Dates to Remember
- March 18th Biography Presentations 8:00am in our Classroom
- March 21st- Send in any "spa" donated items for our Class Auction Basket
- March 22 Second Graders Sing at PTO Meeting at 7:00pm/Student need to wear blue and go to the Gym by 6:45pm.
- March 25- No School/Flood Make-Up Day Waved
- March 28- April 1st SPRING BREAK
Media Messages- Newsletter from the Library
In Chapter 11, students will estimate and practice measuring lengths in centimeters and meters. Students will measure with the appropriate tool and determine how much longer one object is than another, and then express the difference.
Students will continue studying facts by heart.
Next we will explore the text structure- sequential order. Students will first write a "How to" piece and then explore why authors might use this structure to help readers better understand the text.
In Word Study, we continue to study high frequency words and spelling patterns.