Lest we forget - Holy Redeemer Catholic School, Nov 5
Wishing all of our Holy Redeemer family a safe and restful November Break.
Mark Your Calendars:
After the break:
- November 8-12 - Fall Break /No School
- November 11- Remembrance Day
- November 20 - National Child Day
- November 21 - Catholic Education Sunday- 10:30 Mass
Down the road:
- Wednesday December 1 - Early Dismissal
- Wednesday December 22 to Jan 4 - Christmas Break begins - No School and closed
School Sports and Events Calendar: Click Here
Catholic Education Sunday - November 21 - Join us at 10:30 mass
Highlights from this past week
Our Volleyball Season is wrapped up. Both teams played exceptionally well. Our Boy's team brought home a bronze medal from the district finals; While our Girls team played their hearts out and deserve just as much accolade for a job well done.
Some of our students in grade 7 and 8 spent some time with senior citizens of our community through the Linking Generations program. Check out some pics below to see good citizenship and inter-generational connections at work. What a wonderful and rewarding endeavor for both students and seniors alike. At the end of their visit, they each made a donation to our local food bank.
There will be no SMORE next week.
Remembrance Day 2021
Pope Francis loves Nature Kindergarten
Welcome to our Team - Andrea Rushton SLP
Welcome to what I hope will be a great school year! My name is Andrea Rushton, and although I am new to EICS for this year, I have lots of experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist supporting speech and language needs within the classroom. In addition to being part of a number of school teams, I will also be working with the Teachers, Staff, and students at Holy Redeemer Catholic School. Speech and language can happen anywhere throughout the day and so, I may be working alongside your child’s Teacher to develop strategies and give suggestions to benefit the classroom and the students in it. If specific or targeted instruction is needed for any individual child in their development of understanding language, expressing themselves clearly and effectively, or using language to communicate with others, we will work with you to provide support as needed and continue developing paths for success.
Welcome to our Team - Jennifer Szydlowski OT
Hello, my name is Jennifer Szydlowski and I am the Occupational Therapist that will be supporting the Holy Redeemer Catholic School team this year. I may be in your child’s classroom to observe and to support the teacher with universal strategies and recommendations to promote whole class participation and success. If more student specific recommendations are needed, parents will be contacted by the school’s CRC. Some of the areas that I support teachers include: fine motor skill development, toileting skills, dressing skills, regulation and classroom participation.
- WATER BOTTLES: Please ensure that your student brings a water-bottle each day to school.
- MASKS: Masks are required inside EICS Facilities by all students, staff and authorized visitors.
- ILLNESS AND ABSENCES: A reminder for all families that the AHS Daily Assessment needs to be completed and actioned each morning prior to coming to school. If your child is experiencing symptoms please choose:
“other illness or injury” If they are experiencing symptoms that you do not deem to be flu-like, or your child has a medical appointment.
“parent excused.” If your child is experiencing no symptoms at all, please choose this. The parent excused absence should only be chosen if you are keeping your child home for a reason that does not pertain to a medical issue. (i.e dance competition)
- BUILDING ADMITTANCE: Please call the office or ring the bell upon your arrival and a staff member will greet you at the door. All doors will remain locked at this time.
- CONSENT FORMS & SCHOOL FEES: Please note, these items are due. Please log in through your parent portal to pay them. - If you have any questions, please call Tess Guerin in the office at 780-922-4522.
The Wellness Corner
Our Nutrition Grant Program is fully under-way. Ask your child about their nutritious and delicious morning snacks, kindly provided through this Alberta Grant through the hard work of Aimee Fontaine and parent volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering, Please reach out to Aimee Fontaine at: firstname.lastname@example.org
News from EICS
News from Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The PAC team has some exciting things going on this November. Check your inbox for emails from PAC with information on the new Hot Lunch program and the 2 holiday fundraisers we are doing.
- Hot Lunch – We are using a new program called Healthy Hunger. You can order weekly or for hot lunches all the way up until Spring Break. Orders need to be in 5 days prior to the Hot Lunch Day. The first hot lunch day is Wednesday November 17 th . A huge thanks to Laura Lee for organizing, setting up the new system and getting volunteers for us!
- Fundraising – Both fundraisers are open and ready to place orders. The Purdy’s Chocolate Fundraiser’s deadline to order is November, 28th and the FundScrip Fundraiser’s deadline to order is December 3rd . Many thanks to Angela Morin and Lauren Unrau for organizing these for us!
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 16th @ 6:30 pm – all parents/caregivers are welcome to join.
Join Google Meeting: meet.google.com/hub-ufef-pmu
Please see our webpage for more information on meetings:
You can also join our Facebook group:
- Hot Lunch – We are all set for Hot lunch at Holy Redeemer! We are using the Healthy Hunger Program (healthyhunger.ca). Attached is a letter from Healthy Hunger to parents with instructions on how to register and pay.
Hot lunches are running on Wednesdays as well as a handful of Fridays. Kindergarten students and Nature Kindergarten students are included in the hot lunches. Parents will have to check their child's calendar to see if they will be attending school that hot lunch day.
The hot lunch schedule is posted up until before Spring Break. Parents have the opportunity to order all at once or a few lunches at a time. With that being said there is a five-day cut off prior to the hot lunch day. Please note that our first hot lunch is with Nitza's Pizza on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 so orders should be placed at least five days prior.
See attached form below.
Baptism OPENS THE DOOR to the rest of the Sacraments!
Are you wishing to Baptize your school-age child?
Does your child want to receive First Communion with their classmates?
It is never too late!
For the Baptism of infants or very young children, parents make the Baptismal promises on their behalf. OLPH offers our monthly Baptism Preparation Class, required for all parents (and recommended for prospective Godparents also.) For a child age 7 (considered the age of reason) or older, catechesis and preparation of their own is necessary before receiving any of the sacraments, including Baptism.
We are offering a special Baptism Preparation Class for children Age 7-10, so they can be welcomed in Baptism, then join the class to celebrate First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in the new year 2022 with their peers.
Sunday November 14
9:15 am—11:30 am
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish
Parents, please email email@example.com to register by Friday, November 5. (No cost to register.)
Sacrament Information 2021/2022
If you wish to register your student for one of their sacraments, Please reach out to Natalie Lavigne at OLPH Parish office (780-467-5470).
The Registration Form can be printed off from the parish website: https://www.olph.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/First-Rec-Communion-Registration-Printable-Form-FINAL-may2021.pdf
Parents can submit them to the OLPH Parish Office in person (7:30am-7:30pm, 7 days a week) OR by email firstname.lastname@example.org.