November 2017 Newsletter
October 20 PD
Departments / Curriculum / Teachers
under Secondary Curriculum PD Days 2017-18
Department Chair Meetings
Dates: 2nd Wednesday of each month (except February)
November 8; December 13; January 10; February 7; March 14; April 11; May 9
Focus: Best practices of individual schools; STEM; argument-driven inquiry; argumentative writing, incorporating the 5E's of science inquiry, and blended learning
Where: November meeting will be held at Downtown High School, room #308, center stairwell, next to elevator
- Per your request, we will be meeting in central locations. I have had about the same number of requests for Downtown HS as for Linmoor. I will try to accommodate both.
Biology AIR Test Resources
- We are unpacking the standards! Check with someone who attended the October 20 PD for more information. Next month, we will be applying strategies.
- CCS website - Departments - Science - Science Assessments - Biology AIR Resources
- 2017 Released Items: http://oh.portal.airast.org/ocba/ (click on Practice Tests tab at right; sign in as Guest for grade 10; click on Start Biology Spr17 Released Items)
Questions about testing? Contact Cathy Holmes, Science Consultant, Ohio Department of Education
- Please make sure you are checking and initialing the Weekly Lab Safety Check-Off List.
- Use the Science Laboratory and Chemistry Laboratory Inspection sheets to make sure your rooms are in compliance.
- If you are missing anything, have that discussion with your administrator. There is a copy of 30 Laboratory Safety Guidelines in the Principal's Notebook found in your teacher lounge.
If you have any old, unused chemicals for disposal, please contact me for a disposal sheet to complete. Once finished, contact me again and I will get in touch with you. Thank you for working to keep our labs safe!
Office of Teaching and Learning (365-5297)
Sandee Donald, Executive Director
Sharee Wells, Director of Secondary Curriculum and Instruction
Heather Allen, K-5 Science Coordinator, email@example.com
Jennifer Nord, 6-12 Science Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Geri Granger, K-12 Spruce Run Coordinator, email@example.com