Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | January 28, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
Today marks our 100th day of school! We had a blast today and some of us even dressed up like we were 100 years old just for some extra fun.
The school year is flying by and we are having a blast! Today we had a fun, building wide, 100 second dance party to celebrate all the amazing things we have accomplished this year. Our students are growing and we couldn't be more proud of what they do both in and out of the classroom.
Thank you for your continued support and for sharing your children with us. They teach us something new every day and continue to spread kindness throughout the building which is truly heartwarming to see.
As always, please reach out if we can support in any way!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
Doodle for Google Contest
- Your IRE artist may have come home this week excited about the Doodle for Google contest! This year, the theme for the contest is "I care for myself by ..." K-12 students have the challenge of creatively incorporating the letters G-O-O-G-L-E into a drawing that shares their ideas about self care. Students will need your help to fill out the entry form. You can enter online, or return completed forms to Mrs. Christine by Monday, February 28th to be mailed in. More information about the contest is available on Google.
IRE Spotlight - Roman Gonska
- Third Grade Author - Roman, a third grader at Indian Run, is a published author. Congrats Roman!
- Check out this video on where he got the idea and what his creative process looks like.
Treasurer Needed: Our PTO is in need of a treasurer for the 2022-2023 school year. After volunteering for the PTO for several years and serving as the treasurer on the PTO Executive Board for the last two years, Nikki Ault will be stepping down. We appreciate all that Nikki has done for IRE!
If this is a position you might be interested in learning more about, please email our PTO President, Erin Jeffrey, at Erinlyn28@gmail.com.
Adolescent Mental Health
- On Our Sleeves at Nationwide Children’s Hospital provides a wealth of resources for parents and educators on the topic of child and adolescent mental health and well being. Check out the latest round of resources here: OOS Resources
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- February: Black History and Women's History month
- February 11: Fair of Hearts Classroom Parties
- February 17 & 24: Parent Teacher Conferences (Virtual)
- February 18 & 21: No School
- - - - - - - - -
The latest COVID-19 data for Dublin City Schools is posted at this link.
Some redistricting necessary in NW part of District
Due to an unforeseen rate of growth, some redistricting in the northwest part of the District must take place prior to the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year. Please click here for details.
Be Well Topic Interest Form
Dublin City Schools and Worthington City Schools are partnering to offer learning sessions for parents in our communities. The focus of the program is mental health and well being, topics that are certainly at the forefront of everyone's mind during these challenging times. Please take a moment to let us know what topics are of most interest to you.
2021-22 Winter Weather procedures
With winter weather upon us, please take a moment to re-familiarize yourself with the District’s winter weather procedures.