Austin Gator News
Assistant Principal: Cara Munn
Counselor: Mindy Merling
Student Success Specialist: Dalila Carrillo
- September 30: SFA Spirit Day at Chick-fil-A on Garth Road 6am - 10pm
- September 30: Progress Report available to view on Parent Portal
- October 4-8: Holiday (No school)
- October 11: HB4545 Tutoring Begins
- October 21: Report Card available to view on Parent Portal
- October 28: Book Character Trunk or Treat Literacy Night (information coming soon)
- October 25-29: Book Fair
Important Covid-19 Information
Students Who Test Positive For COVID-19
- Parents or family members should inform the CAMPUS NURSE if their child has tested positive for COVID. 281 420-4620
- Per the Texas Department of State Health Services, students who test positive for COVID will not attend face to face instruction until at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset, fever free, and other symptoms have improved.
- Students who test positive for COVID will be able to participate in Remote Conferencing Instruction during this time in order to be counted as present and stay up to date with their classes.
- Students who do not participate in Remote Conferencing Instruction will be counted absent.
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION
Please complete the lunch application for your child. Also, If you would like to to check the status of your application, you are able to check that information using this link. In addition, if you need help completing the form, please contact Ms. Dalila Carrillo at 281 420-4620.
The progress report grades have been posted to the Parent Portal.
If you have a log in account and password please click on this link:
Please click on this link for instructions on how to register for the Parent Portal:
SFA Elementary PTO Spirit Day
Thursday, Sep. 30th, 6am-10pm
5006 Garth Road
We would like to share the district instructional calendar for 2021-2022. Please make vacation plans on days we are out of school. Attendance is very important for academic success.
Absences, Tardies and Early Dismissals
- All excuses must be either a medical note or in hand written note to the teacher. You may also email Ms. Aguilera email@example.com or Mrs. Machicek firstname.lastname@example.org (verbal notification is NOT accepted)
- Illness and extenuating circumstances are the only excusable absences
- You have 3 days from the date of the absence to turn in a parent written excuse stating the reason for absence
- Even if the school nurse sends your child home, you must send either a parent written note or a doctor’s note
- You may also receive a court warning for excessive unexcused absences/tardies