Weekly News & Notes - November 11th - 15th
Upcoming Events . . .
October 29th - November 12th:
- Operation Santa - Supporting our Service Men & Women
November 1st - December 5th:
November 11th - 22nd:
- Titus Food Drive
- Veterans Day Celebration - wear Red, White and Blue
- Young Rembrandts Art Classes Begin - By Registration Only
- Titus Food Drive Begins
- Trick or Treat for UNICEF boxes due
- 2nd Grade Field Trip - Mrs. Radomski & Mrs. Schorpp to Graeme Park
- 2nd Grade Field Trip - Miss Brennan & Mrs. Nero to Graeme Park
- Student Advisory Spirit Day - "Sports Attire"
- Report Cards Distributed
- Food Drive Ends
- Kindergarten Conferences
- No Kindergarten Classes
Volunteers Needed . . .
As you may recall, last year we piloted a "volunteer opportunity" database for all of the third-grade families. With the help of Mrs. Tasey, we are now fortunate enough to offer similar volunteer opportunities across all of the grade levels. We will be using VolunteerSpot as the platform for the database. You simply have to visit the links below, enter your e-mail address, and sign up. Simple!
There are a variety of opportunities across the grade-levels - days, times, and tasks all vary. All opportunities begin the week of November 18th. Hopefully, you can find something that fits your schedule!!!
Operation Santa . . .
For many of our service men & women, this Thanksgiving and Christmas will be their first holiday away from home, family and friends. Unfortunately, some of these young men and women will not receive any mail or packages. This year we hope to send a bit of the holidays to those in the armed forces. Please help us by donating the following items between October 29th - November 12th. Boxes will be in the rotunda for you to drop off your donations . . . Thank you!
- K- 3rd grade: Hot Chocolate, Snack Bars & Fruit Snacks
- 4th - 6th grades: Playing Cards, Travel-size amenities, Frisbees, Footballs, Sporting goods, etc..
New at Titus . . .
Titus' library will be offering students, families and staff of Titus an opportunity to dedicate a book to the Titus library. Why dedicate a book to the Titus Library?
- To celebrate a birthday
To honor a family member or friend
To say “thank you” to a teacher
To remember someone special
For your donation of $20, we will order a book for you, place a book plate in the book with your message on it, notify the person in whose honor it was given, and allow your child to be the first to check it out. The dedication form can be found on the Titus web site, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact Mrs. Moore, Titus librarian.
Titus Food Drive . . .
As the holidays approach, Titus is once again collecting various food items for families in our community. Our annual Food Drive will run from November 11th - 22nd. We ask that students & families take a look at the list of items below and donate what you can. Every little bit goes a long way in giving our families a warm and happy holiday season.
- KINDERGARTEN: plastic wrap, foil, wax paper, napkins, toilet paper
- GRADE 1: cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, canned veggies
- GRADE 2: rice, instant potatoes, stuffing mix, can or dry soups
- GRADE 3: dish detergent, sponges, bar soap, scouring pads, paper towels
- GRADE 4: hot and cold cereal, pancake mix, syrup, jelly/jam, canned fruit
- GRADE 5: mustard, ketchup, cooking oil, pasta , olives, peanut butter
- GRADE 6: spaghetti sauce, salad dressing, crackers, snacks, dessert mixes
Items can be dropped off in the nurse's office. Thank you for all of your support.
Titus' Artists . . .
Several of our fabulous artists have their work on display at the Cecelia Markham Orthodontist Office. Please join me in congratulating:
- 1st grade: Sarah Geakel, Nicolas Baeta, Aubrey Cush
- 2nd grade: Andrew Neilson, Alyssa Barry, Dylan Shaw
- 3rd grade: Alina Kazarian, Emma Reilly
- 4th grade: Scott Lavin, Rachel Feng, Hope Rumford
- 6th grade: Jillian Heilig, Cindy Hong, Crystian Wilson, Paige Jacobs, Maddie Pearce
Nominations Needed . . .
November's Asset #33- Interpersonal Competence. Young person has empathy,
Nominations for the November Asset must be sent to Mrs. Horan by Friday, November 15th. If selected, this student will be recognized by CB Cares, an organization dedicated to promoting a stronger community through the 40 Assets program. Please nominate that special student that makes a difference in our Titus community.
Home & School Association:
Box Tops . . .
Thank you for another great Box Tops collection! For the month of October, we collected 4,759 Box Tops. Congratulations to Miss Braksator’s 4th grade class who had the highest number of Box Tops for the month of October.
The new Rita’s Water Ice Contest standings are as follows:
- Mrs. Scherr’s class is in 1st place
- Miss Braksator’s class is in 2nd place
- Mrs. Gaul’s class is in 3rd place
Toys for Tabor. . .
The season of giving is almost upon us and once again Titus will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for our annual Toys for Tabor collection. The collection will run from November 1st through December 5th. The children in need range from infant through 21 years of age. There will be decorated collection boxes in the lobby for your donations. For many, these will be the only holiday gifts they receive this year. The children who benefit from your generosity are extremely grateful. Please contact Kathryn Doerr with any questions you may have. Thank you in advance for your support!