New Members VanWeekly
October 9, 2019
Welcome New Members!!
The VanWeekly is divided into sections (New Members Corner, News, Action Items, Learning Opporunities, etc) to help you navigate information. The website has an archive of all of our previous VanWeeklys should you ever need it (it also has keyword search so that may be a helpful tool to explore). If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your School Lead or your New Member Committee Leads.
We are so happy you are joining our VanFam!
Calling All Vanguard Members . . . It’s time to Transform!
GaETC 2019 Registration is Now Available!
GaETC is a 3-day event, November 6-8, 2019 at the
Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse; College Park, GA 30337
As a member of Vanguard, your attendance is paid for and your substitute is paid for!
You can attend 3 days, 2 days or 1 day. All you need to do is–
Discuss with your Principal. Secure your Sub & then . . . Register for GaETC before Oct. 11th, 2019!
Chris Olateru will communicate with your school bookkeeper concerning the substitute reimbursement.
Fulton County Vanguard Members have been assigned the Group Code FCVAN300. You must register to attend the conference no later than Oct. 11 so that you will receive your name badge by mail and expedite your check-in onsite. We must have a completed registration for each person attending the conference. Please note: Any registrations already assigned DO NOT have to be re-submitted unless a substitution is needed.
How to Register:
- Click on this link: https://conference.gaetc.org/attend-gaetc/
- Click the REGISTER NOW button.
- Enter your email address. SUBMIT Registration for one person.
- If you are in the system, your information from last year will populate – make necessary updates.
- If you are NOT in the system, complete the ‘New Registrant” page
- IN THE “JOB TITLE “ BOX, please note VANGUARD MEMBER
- Registration Options, select ‘I have a Pre-Paid Group Code’
- As you complete the form, there is a box to the right - ‘Please select a conference registration type or code’, select FCVAN300 – Full Conference
- If you register for Pre-Conference Workshops, you are responsible for the cost of the workshop
- Payment Options, select ‘Pre-Paid Group Code’
*****You will receive a confirmation email
****Name badges will be mailed beginning Oct. 24th
IF YOU REGISTER FOR PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF THE WORKSHOP.
Register for New Member Orientation
Register in Frontline by Friday!
- Ask your principal for permission to attend & secure your sub.
- Click on the Frontline icon on the Employee Portal.
- Click on Activity Catalogs in the Frontline Navigation tab and then choose Calendar
- Navigate to October 16, 2019
- Click on "FCS Vanguard New Member Orientation"
- Click the blue “Sign Up Now” button
- Email Heather Van Looy (email@example.com) if you are not able to attend. We will provide you with an online alternative.
Click Image for New Member Survey
Are you presenting at GaETC? Let us know!
GaETC Pregame Event- Nov 5th
Register in Frontline. More info coming soon!
Get points and learn Flipgrid!
Vanguard now has a channel on "Flipgrid" called the VanChannel.
We are using the Channel as a way for Vanguard members to connect with one another, share goals and ideas and for you to amplify your voice!
The Channel is on a tab in our Teams or the direct link is https://flipgrid.com/14a14d83
Password to enter the grid: Vanguard
Our first topic is the Vanguard Yearbook.
- Introduce yourself and share your edtech goals this year.
- Have fun with your Flipgird ( use the filters and emojis)
- Password to enter the grid: Vanguard
In Spirit of Collaboration
Please respond to 2 videos of Vanguard Members.
Sample responses can be
1. If you have experience in their goals offer tips
2. If you want have a similar goal, share that in the response.
Need Help with Flipgrid? Check out this interactive educator's guide https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzZGEfOtEWqPcGUzcFd2RzRjYTQ/view or
Checkout this video made for you -Microsoft Stream
Nominate someone or submit your own Spotlight Vanguard Member!
Vanleads, do you see any vanguard members at your school doing something awesome? Were they struggling with a tool before and are now using it? BRAG on our Vanguard members. If you see something awesome, please submit about your team member.
Please share your success stories with us! You may see your "Spotlight" in an upcoming Vanweekly!
Vanguard Wishes A Very Happy Birthday to
Allyson Baker 10/6
Marquise Delaney 10/7
Katie Pardee 10/10
Marisa DiSano 10/17
Elizabeth Blount 10/17
Heather Van Looy 10/27
Michelle Ragghianti 10/31
We want to celebrate our Vanguardian family. If you would like for us to recognize your birthday, please click this link.
Oct 15th VanWebinar: Microsoft Tools for the Inclusive Classroom
We've had a topic change. Mindy Ramon from FCS Instructional Technology and Gigi Whiteside, FCS Assistive Technology Specialist will facilitate. They will be sharing all about the new tools in Office 365 that support all students especially struggling readers, writers, and communicators
Mark your calendars
October 22nd- We have a BONUS Webinar this month on Flipgrid's Newest Features hosted by Jornea Erwin, Flipgrid Education Innovation Lead.
November 14th- Mark your calendar is our next Twitter chat! We were trending last Thursday! Let's keep up the hype! Our next host is the one and only Dr. Nathalie Henderson, Central Learning Community Area Superintendent, discussing mentoring!
Interested in Microsoft/Office 365 training?
Want to stay current with the latest and greatest tools? Sign up for one of these upcoming workshops or webinars. Please share the flyer with others at your school.
Vanguard Leadership Team
South Learning Community & Achievement Zone
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Central Learning Community
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Fulton County Vanguard Team
Vision: Through building colaborative relationships and supporting student focused learning, the Vanguard Team will positively impact student achievement.
Pillars: Transform, Innovate, Mentor, & Support (TIMS)