AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
September 10, 2021
- September 13-17 - Welcome Week
- September 13, 6:30 p.m. - School Council Meeting (Virtual)
- September 15, 3:30-5:00 p.m. - Meet the Teacher - CANCELLED
- September 17 - Student Vote - Federal Election
- September 20, Gym A - Federal Election Day
- September 30 - Orange Shirt Day/National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (School Closed)
- October 4 - COVID Vaccination Clinic (with parent permission form)
- October 6, 2:14 p.m. - Early Dismissal
- October 7 - Picture Retakes
AJS School Council Meeting
Ardrossan Jr. Sr. High will be hosting our regularly scheduled School Council meeting (Virtual) on Monday, September 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday, September 13 at 12:00 p.m.
A Google meeting link will be emailed out by 6:00 p.m. on Monday to those that RSVP. Please find the agenda and minutes from our previous meeting below. We hope that you can join us.
Welcome Week - September 13-17
*IMPORTANT* Mandatory Masks
- Students should bring multiple masks with them daily.
- Masks should be changed when they become dirty, wet or torn. In colder weather and during heavy physical activity, masks can easily become wet from breathing. A wet mask is harder to breathe through and is less efficient at preventing respiratory droplets from reaching others. If a reusable mask becomes wet, put it in a sealed bag until it can be washed and put on a clean, dry mask.
- Masks should have at least three layers of fabric and fit properly—not too loose or too tight.
- Reusable masks should be washed daily.
- Neck gaiters, bandanas and masks with one-way valves are not suitable masks.
For additional resources on proper mask use, visit the AHS or CDC websites.
Off Campus Education
Mrs. Kristin Oleksyn, our Off Campus Coordinator will be at AJS each Wednesday afternoon. Stop into the Student Services conference room if you want to chat with her about Work Experience, RAP or Green Certificate programs.
There are several forms on the PowerSchool Parent Portal that must be completed for your student. These are:
- the Student Safety Contract - new students and all grade 7 and 10 students, and
- the Students Responsible Technology Use Agreement - for grades 7-12 completed yearly.
To review the list of forms available for each child in your family, click on the Forms tab in the left-hand menu in the Parent Portal. You can review and submit the form for each applicable student by clicking through the student name tabs at the top of your screen.
Note: Forms in PowerSchool often do not display properly in Internet Explorer. Please use a different browser to review and complete the forms for your family.
Thank you for completing these.
Update Your PowerSchool Information
The "Correction and Verification Form" is now available online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal. Families can use the form to access and update their child’s information—including address, parent and guardian information, emergency contacts and any medical information. Reviewing the form and submitting updates ensures the school has the most up-to-date information regarding your child.
If you’ve recently moved, now is the time to ensure the Division has your updated address information. In particular, please also pay close attention to all phone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact information. The Division will undoubtedly continue to have important information to communicate with families throughout this school year, and we want to ensure you receive this information. If you haven't already done so, we ask all Ardrossan Jr Sr High School families to review their child’s PowerSchool information by Sept. 22, 2021.
For more information about the PowerSchool Correction and Verification Form, contact us at 780-922-2228,
Federal Election Workers
The next federal election takes place on Monday, September 20. Local returning officers are currently accepting applications from those interested in working at a polling station on election day, and some positions are open to student applicants, 16 years of age and older. Interested students can apply online or by phone—call 780-630-3042 to reach the Sherwood Park office and let the receptionist know you’re calling to apply to be a poll worker.
- September 9, 10 & 13 - Jr. Jr. Girl's Volleyball Tryouts
- September 10 & 11 - Sr. Varsity Volleyball - The Center - Senior High Classic Edmonton
- September 10 & 11 - Jr. Varsity Volleyball Tournament - SCA
- September 16, 5:30 p.m. - Bison Football (vs Sturgeon Spirts) @ Emerald Hills
- September 17 & 18 - Sr. Varsity Volleyball Tri Volley Tournament
- September 21 - Bison Thunder Run Jr. High
- September 23, 5:00 p.m. - Bison Football (vs McNally Tigers) @ Taurus Field, Fort Sask
- September 24 & 25 - Jr. Varsity Volleyball Tournament - Page/Holy Trinity
- September 29, 5:30 p.m. - Bison Football (vs St. Francis Xavier High School) @ Taurus Field, Fort Sask
- September 29, 4:00 p.m. - Sr. High Cross Country - Edmonton Metro Open Meet