Olive Chapel Elementary PTA News & Information
~ April 1 - April 5, 2019 ~
March 29 - Wear CAROLINA BLUE for the All For Books Coin Drive Challenge Winner (see Book Fair Updates below)
April 3 - Walk to School Wednesday
April 4 - Family Night at the OCE Book Fair, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
April 9 - Spring & Class Pictures, Tracks 1 & 3
April 11 - PTA Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (All parents welcome)
April 19 - HOLIDAY, NO SCHOOL
April 26 - School Spirit Day: Grade Color Wars
April 29 - SchoolKits (School Supplies for 2019-2020 school year) orders DUE (details below)
May 1 - Bike to School Wednesday (Walkers welcome, too!)
May 6 - Field Day, Tracks 1 & 2
May 9 - Kindergarten Orientation, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
May 10 - Spring Carnival! Details to come!
May 13 - Field Day, Tracks 3 & 4
- Just a reminder, if you know you will not be at Olive Chapel next year for whatever reason (move, etc), please let our data manager, Linda Bryant know at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can so we can plan for the next school year. As a capped school, this information will allow Dr. Steidinger to be more accurate in planning for next year.
- Be on the lookout for a Wake County survey from Panorama Education. That survey is very similar to the survey that Wake County sent out last year which resulted in changes like:
- Website Development: Every teacher has a classroom website with uniform tabs. Teachers share their newsletter, schedules, and other important information on their websites. In addition, each grade level has a website that you can access from your teacher’s website or under the “Parent Resources” tab under “Parents” on our website. The grade level websites have many resources for you.
- Multilingual Resources: We’ve added resources in languages other than English. Look under the “Parent Resources” tab under “Parents” on our website.
- Family-to-Family: We have started a family-to-family connections initiative that is run by our Room Parents. Room parents have been organizing various social gatherings throughout the year to help families get to know each other. Please contact your Room Parent for more details!
- Parent Workshops: We hosted several Parent Workshops this spring in both English and Spanish to help parents help their children at home. Please look for upcoming workshop announcements on our webpage!
- Family Engagement Committee: Through our book study of “Beyond the Bake Sale” we are forming a Family Engagement Committee. The committee will help us plan initiatives that will enable us to continue to improve in partnership with you. If you are interested in helping with the committee, or learning more, please contact Teresa Outlaw - email@example.com
Please complete the Panorama survey so that we can continue to grow in partnership with you. If you have questions about the survey, please contact Teresa Outlaw at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Book Fair Updates
Thanks for all the support for our All For Books Coin challenge! It raised $800 for the staff and students at our school! UNC was the winning team, so let’s all wear our Carolina Blue on Friday, March 29th!!
Family Night has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 4 from 4:30-6pm. Come out as a family to visit our book fair and buy some great books!
Congratulations to Mrs. Davis’ Kindergarten class for winning our Book Fair Bingo! The class was treated to an Ice Cream Party!
Thanks to all of the volunteers who have helped make our book fair so successful this week. There are still volunteer opportunities available for next week. Please sign up if interested.
Spring Cleaning Colorcycle Collection
Crayola ColorCycle is an amazing program devised to repurpose used markers rather than sending them to landfills!
Order School Supply Kits NOW!
Order your school supplies for the 2019-2020 school year NOW!
Kits include the exact colors, quantities, and brands of school supplies your teachers have approved for class. Simply select your track and next year's grade and your supplies will be ready for you at the start of school in July.
Place your order by April 29, 2019.
Order online at www.shopttkits.com.
Enter our school’s account number 38010.
Questions? Contact Whitney Ludlow at email@example.com.
Food 4 Kids
The Food 4 Kids Pantry is running low! Please send in food (see list below) or Publix Gift Cards if you can!
Every week, Food 4 Kids provides a backpack of nutritious breakfast/lunch food to our students who need a little help over the weekend.
Instant Oatmeal and/or Grits
Individual Size Box Cereal
2 Boxes of Macaroni & Cheese, 2 Cans of Soup/Stew
2 Cans of Meat (Tuna, Chicken, etc.)
1 Jar of Peanut Butter or Nut Butter & 1 Plastic Jar of Jelly/Jam
Small Bags of Pretzels and/or Goldfish
Granola and/or Cereal Bars
1 Can of Fruit, in juice not syrup
Pack of Individual Applesauce
100% Fruit Snacks or Fruit Strips
2 Cans of Vegetables (Green Beans, Peas, Carrots, Corn)
For more information or questions, please contact parent coordinator Whitney Ludlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TGA Golf & Tennis
Attached below is the spring flyer and you can register here.
In the Community
2019 Triangle Activity, Camps, and Track-Out Fair
For more information, click here.
AFHS Movie: Screenagers!
Check out the FB invitation for more information and to RSVP so AFHS can plan accordingly. https://www.facebook.com/events/2227202954274741/
Dine in and carry out options will be available but this is a pre-order event and orders will be due April 5th.
DETAILS ATTACHED in the flier below.
AFHS Summer Sports Camps
Track 3 - March 25 - April 12
Track 2 - April 15 - May 3
Track 1 - May 6 - May 24