December 14-18, 2020
IMPORTANT: Annual Student Information Update Needed For Every Student
A primary guardian needs to log on to Family Access in Skyward and complete the Annual Student Information update for your student. There are several forms that need to be completed every year, so even if you don't have any changes you must log on and complete the updates. It only takes a few minutes of your time. Please see examples below of what to look for in Skyward.
Make sure to click SUBMIT to complete the updates when you are done!
K-2 Counselor News
Starting Monday, November 30th, Ms. Morgan Stephens, our primary counselor, will deliver her lessons via video recorded lessons. While meeting in person with students has been meaningful for those who come, we have determined that many of our students and families need more personalized support from our school counselor. Students will still be able to access Ms. Stephens' lessons through Canvas at their scheduled counselor time, and now she will be available for more home visits, small group lessons, and individualized counselor support for families. If you have questions or if your student needs more intensive counseling support, please reach out to Ms. Stephens at 253-298-4532.
We have the pleasure of sharing this incredible free WIFI opportunity for families (who qualify) through Rainier Connects - Student Connect Program.
Here’s what you and families need to know:
- Eligible families must reside within the Rainier Connect service area to qualify, please see highlighted map for boundaries or visit https://rainierconnect.smarthub.coop/Shop.html#SelectAddressAndCity:
- Staff can assist families by submitting the Rainier Connect- Student Connect Program Application (link below)
- Families can self-refer utilizing the English/Spanish Rainier Connect- Student Connect Program Application, at www.fpschools.org/resources
- Once form is submitted, A parent or guardian over 18 years old will need to contact Rainier Connect directly, at 253-683-4405 and mention the Students Connect program.
- An adult must be present during the scheduled installation.
- Rainier Connect must have access to enter the home to complete the installation and confirm the service is working at the time of the scheduled installation.
- $12 for a Single Membership
- $20 for 2 Memberships
- $10 for Student Membership
- $12 to Sponsor a Teacher
Franklin Pierce Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Questions and complaints of alleged discrimination should be directed to James Hester, Compliance Coordinator for State and Civil Rights Laws; Wendy Malich, Title IX Officer; or John Sander, 504/ADA Coordinator at 315 129th ST S, Tacoma, WA 98444-5099 or at (253)298-3000.