The Weekly Update #12 10/23
October 23, 2023
Weekly News (Week of October 23rd)
Principal Nelson's Thoughts
Need to Know
- PTO Spirit Night is on October 26th from 5pm-8pm at Crumbl Cookie. See the flyer below.
- Lambert's Trunk or Treat is on October 28th. See the graphic below for more details.
- On October 31st, we will have Book Character Day and a parade for our students. Please see details below regarding costume guidelines.
- Red Ribbon Week is 10/23-10/27. This year we are focusing on "Be Kind to Your Mind, Live Drug Free!" See below for dress up days and more details.
- All ice cream birthday orders must be placed in SchoolPay no later than 4pm on the Thursday before the week you would like to celebrate the birthday.
- Past newsletters are archived on our school website and can be found here
Need to do
- Please have your students check the Lost & Found! All Lost & Found items will be donated on Tuesday 10/24.
- If your student has a Veteran in the family, we would love to honor them at our Annual Veteran's Day Ceremony on November 10th. Please complete this form by November 6th at 11:59.
- If interested, see details on how to order your 7 Mindsets t-shirt here!
- Did you forget to order a house shirt? It’s not too late! Order your child’s house shirt here https://sharonhouse.itemorder.com.
A HUGE Thank You to....
Our amazing Cultural Night Chair, Catie MacDonald for leading the effort to create a fabulous, fun, educational, community-centered event!
The whole Cultural Night Committee for all of their work behind the scenes to make it happen, including Myra Bandoo, Elana Law, Lavanaya Palaparthy, and Kinsey Ward!
And last but certainly not least, to all our FAMILIES THAT HOSTED, for sharing your food, your culture, and your experiences with the whole community. We are better together, and we are all better for getting to learn more about each other!
Volunteer Role Spotlight: Social Media Chair
Do you know your way around facebook & instagram? Love Canva, or willing to learn a fun new tool? Then this is the job for YOU! Help create and schedule posts to keep the Sharon Fam up to date on what's coming up, and post pictures of fun stuff that's happened. Contact SharonPTOcommunications@gmail.com to learn more!
Yearbooks (all Sharon)
Don’t delay ordering your yearbook! The ONLY way to guarantee that you’ll receive a yearbook is to place your order on-line. Prices go up incrementally after that, all ordering must be completed by 1/12/24. CLICK HERE to order.
Yearbook (5th grade only)
Families of 5th graders: want to have a personal message to your 5th grader in the yearbook? Be sure to submit your congratulatory message to them by 11/30/23. Don’t delay, place it today! Yearbook message ads are available for $30/each. CLICK HERE to create an ad.
Want Your Kid in the Yearbook?
We are currently looking for pictures from: Walk to School Days and Cultural Night. Please help us fill up the 23-24 Sharon yearbook with great photos!
1. Download the "Yearbook Snap" app (made by Walsworth Publishing) to your phone.
2. Find your child's school: "Sharon Elementary". The passcode is "Knights".
3. Upload photo and note what school event it was taken at, or if it is a general candid photo, include the grade level (example: 2nd grade recess). Unfortunately, photos cannot be used unless there is a note on them saying what event the photo is from.
- Our October Mindset is "We are Connected!" This mindset encourages students to seek out and maximize positive relationships with people who can help them achieve their dreams. Students will explore the idea of surrounding themselves with people who build them up and inspire them to live their best lives. They will learn to actively seek ways to offer kindness in order to strengthen these relationships! You can encourage your student to find these positive relationships and build their dream team!
- 23-Dress like your favorite community helper
- 27-Mini House Competition
- 27- Wear your favorite Fall or Halloween shirt
- 28-Lambert Trunk or Treat
- 31-Book Character Dress up day
- 3-7 Mindset Student of the Month celebration (7:45 cafe)
- 3- Sharon spirit wear Friday
Click to see our School Calendar for more dates throughout the year!
⭐ Shining Knights ⭐
Book Character Day Parade
On Tuesday, October 31st, we will have a “Story Book Character Parade”.
All children Pre-K through 5th grade will be allowed to come dressed as their favorite storybook character. Students can come to school, dressed in a costume, portraying their favorite character from that story. The story may be fictional or non-fictional. Children should bring their book to school on that day as apart of their costume. Students will have the opportunity to participate in the school parade.
Please guide your children in making appropriate selections for their characters. Costumes must be school appropriate: no scary costumes, masks or weapons will be allowed. Students must have school appropriate shoes (no slippers, heels, or soft bottom shoes). Students are not permitted to use face paint.
We look forward to making this a safe, fun, and educational experience for all children.