Principal's Weekly Message
October 14th, 2016
Week in Review
We have several big events coming up including Bike Rodeo this Friday. As we did last year, bicycle drop off will be in the bus loop on Friday morning. Please be prepared to unload quickly and keep moving. We will have volunteers out there to assist with unloading.
Survey Results - Parents' Trust in the School
NOTES FROM PTA
Congratulations Hidden Forest Falcons! Our PTA earned the Early Bird Award from Texas PTA by recruiting 100% of last year's total membership - we are well on our way to having one voice for every child on our campus. It's an amazing accomplishment and it's only the second month of school. If you aren't a member of PTA and you would like to be please complete the registration form below and return to school via your child's teacher. We appreciate your membership!
October is a busy month for PTA. Please make note of the following dates and deadlines:
- Reflections entries are due! The deadline has been extended to Monday, October 17 to give our kiddos one more weekend to complete an entry. Reflections is a national art recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2016-2017 theme: What's Your Story? For more information visit the Reflections website at: http://www.pta.org/programs/reflections.cfm?ItemNumber=4571&navItemNumber=510 or contact our local chair, Heather Karam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hidden Forest Home Owners Association Fall Festival is this Saturday, October 15th from 1 - 5 pm at the Hidden Forest Pool. PTA will be hosting the Bake Walk again this year and we need your help providing baked goods for prizes. For more details check out our flyer below or contact Fall Festival Chair, Stephanie Sammon, at email@example.com. Come on out and support our neighborhood HOA.
- Box Tops - you have one more week to keep clipping those box tops for our fall collection drive. We'll take donations through Friday, October 21st. The class with the most box tops wins a treat party of their choice. All proceeds go towards the Hidden Forest Field Trip Fund.
- Bike Rodeo is coming up on Friday, October 21st. Thank you to everyone who has turned in their participation/permission form already. If your child would like to participate it's not too late to sign up. Please complete the participation form and return to your child's teacher by Thursday, October 20th. Forms went home last week and a copy can also be found below. **We also need your help. If you're interested in lending a helping hand on Friday please SIGN UP HERE. Questions, contact our Bike Rodeo Chair Holly McBrayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PTA Parent Education - this month we'll be hosting Coffee and Cognizance on Wednesday, October 26th at 8 am in the cafeteria. Our topic will be The Leader in Me ~ Great Happens Here. PTA will be providing coffee and pastries. More details may be found below on the Parent Ed flyer.
- Howdy Night is our annual fall family event and fundraiser. Our Howdy Night chairs have been hard at work putting together another great evening. We're currently collecting silent auction items along with new grade level baskets. The flyer below outlines the items that we'll be collecting from each grade level. Please consider contributing an item to help us make this evening a success! Items can be turned in to your child's teacher through Tuesday, October 25th.
- Fall Coat Drive -we kicked off our coat drive for our Partner in PTA school, Jackson Keller Elementary. We will be accepting coats through the end of the month. Coat Drive flyer attached below.
- PTA Life Membership Award Nominations - last but certainly not least we are accepting nominations for the Texas PTA Life Membership Award. An honorary Texas Life Membership is the highest honor bestowed upon an individual by the Texas PTA for outstanding contributions to the well being of children and youth. Do you know a community member who shares his/her resources and expertise for the benefit of all children? An outstanding staff member? An exceptional teacher dedicated to education? A valuable volunteer? And/or someone who has gone the "extra mile" for our children? Complete the nomination form below and return to school by Friday, October 28th.
Thank you for your continued support. Have a great weekend!
Hidden Forest is a school where educators care about your child. We are innovative and passionate about helping your child love learning as much as we love teaching. We strive to help your child learn the basics, as well as valuable life lessons such as how to be a leader and how to serve others.