A Cordelia Hills Staff Update, 9/21/2018
Glows and Grows
Grows: As a staff, how do we ensure that every student (100%) has a chance to understand or at least KNOW the WHY behind what we are teaching them?
Remember, celebrate top attendance days this month. Some teachers are using chalk to celebrate on their doors while others put out signs if everyone is at school. You can use this sign if you would like! Thanks for your support of positive attendance habits at CH!
Remember, if we hit 97% this month of September, the top class will get to choose the balloons, pies, or hair for me!
Student Recognition--Names Due Today
Just a reminder about Student of the Month. You will enter your names here: Student of the Month Spreadsheet.
1. Enter up to two names/month on or before the due date listed on the spreadsheet.
2. We will give you two certificates to fill out. They will have the student photo. You will fill it out and give it to them.
3. I will fill out a postcard to mail home to the parent/family announcing the award.
4. They will have pizza lunch (if they wish) served by me (all dates are listed on the calendar already). I will remind students and staff the week and day before pizza.
5. If I am really on my game, I will announce names over the course of the week on morning announcements...
6. Please really make it clear to the student what they are receiving it for.
Pep Rally: October 9th (8:35 Tk-3, 9:35 4-5, 2:00 p.m. for PM TK-K)
Coyote Fun Run: October 17th (10:00 a.m. for grades TK-k, 11:00 a.m. for grades 4/5, and 12:30 p.m. for grades 1st-3rd)
Student will run on the field during the fun on the same basic course as last time. This year will not include color but will include other fun activities. More information is forthcoming from PTA and the school!
9/17-10/5: MAP Administration for Elementary Sites
9/25: Student Greeting in the AM
9/26: TK-2, Charleston Wrapping
9/27: Picture Day
9/28: Progress Reports Due to ADMIN
9/28: Increibles Movie Night in the MPR
10/5: Superintendent Visit
10/9: SChool Wide Pep Rally for Color Run (staggered assemblies)
10/17: School Wide Color Run (staggered runs)
10/26: Trunk or Treat, 6-8 pm, Blacktop
Team Drive for all Schedules and Calendars includes Bell Schedule, District Calendar, Release Schedule, Release Make-Up Schedule, and Duty Schedule. Please refer to this for all the info. If you see a mistake or need assistance, please let me know right away.