What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~April 8, 2018 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- Last Days of School: Wed, 6/20 is the LAST Day for students with the last 3 days, 6/18-6/20 being Early Dismissals (1:37 PM). Teachers will work through 6/22 with the last 2 days (6/21-6/22) being Professional Development as well as 1/2 days.
- Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-2019 school year was terrific. Welcome to the new Hawley Families and those returning with another child joining us.
- PTA General Meeting: MONDAY, 4/9, 4:00-5:00 PM- Guest: Dr. Rodrigue to discuss budget.
- Fathers Club Building Activity: This Thursday, 4/12, 5:30 PM
- Bingo Night was a hit- thank you to the PTA and staff for a fun-family event.
- Over 90 families enjoyed the Sound Tigers Game this Saturday for Hawley School Night- Thank you Fathers Club.
- STEAM Night: This fun evening will be here before you know it (April 26). This is a great opportunity to share a talent and interest while getting involved. Any parent/guardian or relative that has a STEAM related activity that they would consider presenting this evening, please contact Amy Hiruo at email@example.com
- FYI- The NY Mets are in first place with a record of 6-1 with the NY Yankees being in third place with a record of 5-5 ( just seeing who's paying attention ;0).
- If you are picking up a child early for an appointment, please wait in the main office (not the lobby) after signing in. Thank You-
- REMINDER: As our weather hopefully begins to improve, I want to remind you that if you are walking home with a student(s), they are considered pick-ups and should be met at the gym doors not in the lobby. Walkers, by BoE Policy are students that leave the campus unattended by an adult.
4th Grade Concert
4th Grade Celebration
- New Date: Wednesday, June 13th (rain date: Thursday, June 14th)
- Photos Needed!!! - Jeni Walker will be collecting digital photos for the End of Year 4th Grade Celebration to be used in the Yearbook and Slideshow. Please e-mail photos of your child and friends AT HAWLEY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES to hawleyCT2018@gmail.com. Subject of e-mail should be your child’s full name. Within the e-mail label each picture with the names of the other children from Hawley and the year it was taken.
Hawley Loves to Read Week
Monday, 4/9: Cape-making in classrooms (with materials funded by parental contributions-thank you :). Capes do not go home, but rather are worn for the author visit on Wednesday.
Tuesday, 4/10: Book Swap
All students get a book (Extra books deemed suitable for donations will go to: 1. Tiny Miracles, Darien (picture books, board books), 2. Danbury's Women's Shelter, 3. C.H. Booth library book sale)
Wednesday, 4/11: Author Marty Kelley visits! Students will wear their capes to the presentation. Every class also, in Marty's honor, created a Messiest Desk which will be on display as well. Marty Kelly published a book in 2009 titled, The Messiest Desk.
Thursday, 4/12: Drop Everything And Read (Buddy and Independent Reading throughout building)
Friday, 4/13: Dress Like Your Favorite Character Day! Happy Spring Break :)
The Hawley School Website
Out of the Mouths of Babes......
"Hey look, some of the chicks have hatched!" yelled a first grader
"WOW!" exclaimed her classmates
"Only 1 is yellow and the rest are black," said another student
"I heard they named her Helen," said the teacher
"She's jumping on the others," said a student
"And pecking them," said another
"and hogging the food!" added yet another
"Helen is mean!" they shouted
So another student concluded, "She should go see Mr. Moretti"