The Scoop on 3Sc
February 5, 2016
Mrs. Schaefer's 3rd Grade Class
Our Week of Learning
Social Studies/ Writing
- This week students continued working hard on their Native American Reports. They cannot wait to share these with you at Open House on February 11.
- We finished Stone Fox yesterday and will be wrapping up our book clubs next week.
- Students are also finishing up their skill project to accompany their reading. These will be displayed at Open House next week.
- This week students were introduced to the following two addition strategies that can be used when adding multi-digit numbers: expanded form and partial sum.
- We will continue with addition strategies next week and then move on to subtraction.
Native American Project Reminders
Native American Projects
Native American projects are due on this upcoming Tuesday, February 9. I look forward to seeing all of the hard work put into these! Thanks so much for all of your support at home with these projects.
Native American Names
If you haven't had a chance to do so already, please choose a Native American name for your child. Please email the information to me in the following format. If you would like me to re-send the directions page please let me know and I would be happy to do so. Thanks so much!
My Child’s Name:
My Child’s Native American Name:
Please explain why you selected your child’s Native American name:
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- February 5: NWEA MAP Scores Sent Home
- February 9: Native American Projects Due
- February 11: Open House & 3rd Grade Concert
- February 12 - Wear red for Valentine's Day
- February 15: No School Presidents Day