Mrs. Holt's News
May 12, 2017
DATES to remember
Monday - K-2 Field Day in the morning. PLEASE apply sunscreen BEFORE you send your child to school!
Tuesday - WATER day 12:40-2:50 Please send your child with sunscreen, a towel, and a change of clothes.
Wednesday - End of the year celebration assembly 9:00. Lunch will be on the lawn!
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - School is dismissed at 1:00
NO CHARGE MAY
Wednesday, we will eat our lunch out on the playground.
SNACK - PLEASE remember your child's snack day! Many have been forgetting and we are starting to run low on leftovers! Thanks!
Please send in enough snacks to feed 22 kids. We CANNOT have anything made from peanuts (please double check the ingredients). I sent home a note from the nurse that are approved snacks for peanut allergies. Please be aware of this when you are purchasing your child's classroom snack. Thank you!
Monday Kennedy's Birhday Snack!
Tuesday - Ethan s Birthday Snack!
Wednesday - OUR EARLY (1:00)
April Award Winners!
Reading and Writing
Letter identification and sounds
Science and Social Studies
*Leader in Me
Habit 1: Be Proactive
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
Habit 3: Think Win, Win
Habit 4: Put first things first
Habit 5: Seek first to understand then to be understood
Habit 6: Synergize
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
Reading and Writing
- Retelling a story
- Reading for enjoyment
- Sight words for next week: We should know ALL of them. We are reviewing all sight words.
- Letter formation using the path of movement
- Letters in a word go close together, spaces between words
- What writers do: think, draw, label, write, add details
- Tens and extra ones
- Partner numbers of numbers 0-10
- Counting 1-100
- Number identification, sequencing, and formation
- Writing numbers 0-20
- Teen numbers
- Comparing groups using more and fewer
- Adding and subtracting with fingers and pictures
- Shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, hexagon
- Match a written numeral to a set of objects