The Pettit Park Paper
Monthly news for Pettit Park Elementary Technology Academy
Each month, we will send a link out to our Pettit Park newsletter, The Pettit Park Paper. Since we cannot have visitors this year, this is a great way to stay connected and keep up on what we are doing each month at school. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
October 19-23, 2020 is our Fall Break. We want our families to enjoy Fall Break but we will also have eLearning that week. In order to help our families, we are offering both offline and online options as well as making sure that the work load is a review of material that has been covered.
9 Weeks Change
October 12 is the start of our 2nd 9-weeks. We will have music and gym instead of music and art this 9-weeks. Don't forget to wear gym shoes!
It is extra important that you keep your child home if he/she is sick this year. Please call the student in with the office at 765-454-7075. If your child has a fever, he/she cannot return until he/she is 24 hours fever free WITHOUT the help of medicine. We want our students at school as much as possible, but we want them at school nice and healthy! Thank you for your help!
Please remember to wear a mask daily!
Please remember these things for mask care:
- It is a good idea to wash the mask after each school day.
- You can hand wash the mask and leave it in the sun to dry.
- You can wash and dry the mask with normal laundry (hint--put in a bag to prevent wear and tear).
- It is a good idea to have at least two masks so that you can rotate them. It may also be a good idea to put a spare one in the backpack in case you forget it one day.
Hello Parents/Guardians of our Virtual Students!
We want to review a few items with you in order to help make our learning experiences better for our students!
- Please try to find a quiet place for your child to participate.
- Please try to limit background noise and interruptions from others.
- Students may struggle in bed or on a couch, so a place with a table and chair is ideal for the live lessons.
- We are required to take attendance for our virtual students each day. The attendance is updated at the end of each week. Teachers are also tracking attendance for sessions. Teachers will provide a weekly summary of attendance at each lesson/check-in session.
- Our teachers are working on recording video sessions in case your child misses a live session. These are a work in progress and often take time to upload…please be patient.
We appreciate your support in order to make this learning experience the best for your child!
We will post photos on our Social Media throughout the week. This is a great way to see what is going on in our classrooms and get to "see" into the life at school without actually being here physically. Please take time to follow us!
Learning social skills is an important part of life. We teach social skills throughout the year. The social skills below are a few that would be good to review at home too!
Meet Dr. Smith
Lyndsi Smith is the principal. She has been in education for 20 years as a teacher, instructional coach, assistant principal and now, principal. Dr. Smith started her own schooling at Pettit Park in elementary school. She also started her teaching career at Pettit Park. She is excited to be back home!