The Madison School PTA Newsletter / April 9, 2021
Madison PTA Slate of Officers 2021-22
The below slate of nominations was presented at the March 15 PTA meeting. Officer elections will take place at the upcoming general membership meeting on April 26 at 7:00 p.m. Anyone else interested in an officer position may be nominated from the floor at that time. The person nominating must have consent from the nominee prior to the meeting. Newly elected officers will be installed at the May general membership meeting and will begin their term July 1.
Co-President: Lauren DeReus, 2nd term
Co-President: Debbie McCraw, 1st term
Vice President of Membership: Keri Widmer, 2nd term
First Vice President of Ways and Means: Kate Kessler, 2nd term
Second Vice President of Ways and Means: Diana Benoist, 1st term
Treasurer: Meredith Sharpee, 2nd term
Secretary: Heather Graf, 1st term
Thank you to all of our volunteers and to this year's nominating committee: Heather Graf, Michelle Clousing, Amy Consolazio, Lisa Feeley and Debbie McCraw.
The End of Year is Near! Madison 5th Grade Slide Show & Paw Prints Yearbook Reminders
- For the 5th Grade Slide Show:
- Christy Fusselbaugh Craigh and Colleen Clemens Turner are working on the slide show and welcome any other photos by April 16 - send directly to Colleen via text: 630-546-3818. They will use the best, visible photos for the final show. Thank you for your contributions!
- For the Yearbook:
- If you are working on custom pages for the yearbook (through TreeRing), they need to be completed by 4/13/21. You can choose a template under "layouts" or do your own.
- Please continue to post your photos to the Madison PTA Facebook Group or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the yearbook.
Have Questions? Contact Yearbook Chief Editor Megan Savitt.
We Need Your Help for Explore More Day
If you have missed volunteering at events, here's a great opportunity! We are looking for a committee chair to lead the charge in planning this daylong event as well as committee members. Explore More Day is fast approaching, so if you're able to help, please reach out to Madison PTA President Beth Tatro ASAP.
Here's a Beautiful Way to Get Involved!
The Beautification Committee is looking for a new leader. If you would like to help with landscape work on the school grounds, please email Todd Jacobson at email@example.com with interest.
Student Excellence Foundation Recognizes Madison's Star Teachers and Staff
From March 17 to May 26, the Student Excellence Foundation is recognizing one classroom teacher and one staff member from each CUSD 200 building. These Stars of the Week have been nominated by their colleagues for going above and beyond for their students and the community this year.
Congratulations to the Madison's Stars of the Week: Cynthia Emma, 5th Grade Teacher and Marta Rodriguez, Custodian! We appreciate all you do for the Madison community.
Reminder: Fuller In-Person Schedule Starts Thursday, April 15
New Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up Times:
Elementary school students who are learning in-person will return to a fuller schedule of 9:35 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning Thursday, April 15. For half-day kindergarten, the AM session will run 9:35 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Before and After School Program (BASP):
Beginning on April 15th, the program will be open from 7:30-9:35 AM and from 3:30-5:30 PM. Rates and staffing will remain the same.
Classroom teachers will be reaching out to parents soon with more specific information regarding their changing schedules and plans.
New Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up Times:
- Students may not be on school grounds until 9:35 AM.
- Students entering classrooms after 9:50 AM will be marked tardy.
- Students dismissed at 3:30 PM.
- Students enter building and go directly to classrooms (same system we used all year)
- Car pick-up & drop-off system will remain the same.
- Bus locations will remain the same.
Please reach out to Mr. Callahan with any questions about Madison's new schedule.
VA families will soon receive a survey to gather feedback about this year and begin planning for next year.
Madison Clubs Are Back!
- Running Club: Thank to everyone who signed up - the running club is currently full. Please reach out to Mrs. Feeley and Mrs. Acharya with any questions.
- Math Club: The Clubs for third, fourth and fifth graders started in March. Virtual Academy students who are interested should watch for updates. Questions? Reach out to Christina Hull, Madison's PACE teacher.
Virtual Academy's Got Spirit!
Each Friday in Virtual Academy, there is a different theme, and VA staff and students are welcomed to participate (completely optional). Below are the themes for April and May:
- April 9: Crazy hair or hat day
- April 16: Spring rainbows; wear the colors of the rainbow
- April 23: Baseball Day; wear a baseball hat or shirt
- April 30: Dress up like a book character
- May 7: Dress up like your teacher
- May 14: Wear flip flops
- May 21: Wear sunglasses
- May 28: Wear red, white and blue clothes (for Memorial Day weekend)
District Accepting Applications for the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC)
- April 14: Remote Teacher Planning & Transition Day. In-person students will not be in attendance and no a-synchronous learning will be assigned.
- April 14: CUSD 200 Board of Education meeting 7 p.m.
- April 15: Mobile Food Pop-Up Market at Navistar
- April 26: Madison PTA meeting 7 p.m.
- April 28: CUSD 200 Board of Education Committee of the Whole 7 p.m.
The next Madison PTA meeting is on April 26 at 7 p.m. We hope to meet in person! Stay tuned for details. You can view the full meeting schedule for the year and access minutes from previous meetings on the Madison PTA website.