Critical Thinking Syllabus - 7th
The goal of this class is to advance the critical thinking skills of our students. As they are taking very rigorous core classes, this class will support them in that curriculum and help them as they work and think on a higher level. Students will be analyzing, critiquing, discussing, collaborating, hypothesizing, and more. We want students to want more knowledge than what is just given to them; to develop a thirst for knowledge, know how to find new information, and how to process that information.
- Students will push their thinking beyond basic ideas, and use the inquiry process to help their classmates do the same.
- Homework will be completed on time.
- Students will be actively engaged in the appropriate websites and apps during class time.
- Students will maintain an organized Digital Binder.
- Students will be active participants in daily lessons.
- Students will collaborate effectively with their peers, including positive communication, teamwork, and listening skills.
All assignments will be out of 100 points.