4/15/19: 3rd Grade AIR Testing - ELA Part 1
4/16/19: 3rd Grade AIR Testing - ELA Part 2
4/17/19: 4th Grade AIR Testing - ELA Part 1
4/18/19: 4th Grade AIR Testing - ELA Part 2
4/19/19: No School - Good Friday
4/22/19: No School - Professional Development
4/29/19: 3rd Grade AIR Testing - Math Part 1
4/30/19: 3rd Grade AIR Testing - Math Part 2
5/1/19: 2 Hr Late Start - Professional Development
5/2/19: 4th Grade AIR Testing - Math Part 1
5/3/19: 4th Grade AIR Testing - Math Part 2
5/24/19: Last Day of School
3rd & 4th Grade Parents: AIR TESTING DATES
Monday, April 15th - ELA Part 1
Tuesday, April 16th - ELA Part 2
Monday, April 29th - Math Part 1
Tuesday, April 30th - Math Part 2
Wednesday, April 17th - ELA Part 1
Thursday, April 18th - ELA Part 2
Thursday, May 2nd - Math Part 1
Friday, May 3rd - Math Part 2
Yearbook Order Deadline
Battle of the Schools Fundraiser!
Go to MOD Pizza in Pickerington on April 23rd!!!
Anyone who shows the flyer (in person or on the phone) or mentions Heritage Elementary, will contribute to our overall donation.This is a competition against Sycamore Creek Elementary!
The school that raises the most money will receive an additional 10% off sales.
Please support Heritage and enjoy some yummy pizza on April 23rd at MOD Pizza!
IMPORTANT: SCHOOL FEES
If your student's fees are not paid in full:
- Their 4th quarter grade card will not be sent home.
- They will not receive an Early Placement Letter in the mail for the 19/20 school year.
- Their records will be withheld (in the event of a withdrawal).
- Their graduation diploma will be withheld.
Online payments can be made through the Parent Portal using checking or credit/debit card. All financial information goes through Vanco Services, a contracted secure third party processing merchant.
Fees are still payable in person at your student's school, the Treasurer's Office or by mail to:
Pickerington Local Schools
90 East Street
Pickerington, OH 43147
Always include your student's name and student ID. If opting to pay via check, please make payable to Pickerington Local Schools.
CRAYOLA COLOR CYCLE PROGRAM
From The Guidance Counselor
Artsonia: Online Gallery
If you've never seen our online art gallery, check it out!
Many schools use Artsonia as a gallery and fundraiser. Students get their own unique login for a personal gallery which never is deleted, even through high school! Families love seeing the artwork online!
Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 1 of that school year to enroll. For more information, see Board Policy 5112.
To start the kindergarten registration process, parents fill out the online registration form through Infinite Campus. This form will not be active for the 2019-20 school year until Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
The first step in the process is to identify yourself as an “existing” or “new” family in the district.
Existing families are those who have a student currently enrolled in our district. These families should register students by logging into their existing Infinite Campus parent portal account. If you do not know your access information, see the Infinite Campus information below.
New families have never had a child enrolled in our district. “New” families should proceed by going to the online registration form.
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-20 school year will begin online Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
Please note that if you are not the residential/custodial parent or if you do not currently live in the district, you should call the Welcome Center at 614.920.6180 before beginning the enrollment process.
If you experience technical issues while accessing the online registration system, please try the following:
- Read and follow all directions carefully.
- Close applications and files other than the web browser you are using to register.
- Update your web browser to the latest version, or try a different browser.
- Registering with a tablet or smartphone is not recommended.
News from our Instructional Coach
Youtube Channels for Kids and Parents
Parents, check out this awesome link for some great resources for your children.
Disclaimer: Heritage Elementary and PLSD are not promoting nor receiving incentives from the Ozobot company.
Sending Breakfast/Lunch Money to School
Here are a few tips to remember when sending lunch money to the school.
- You may send cash or check (made to PLSD Food Services) with your student to school.
- Please place cash/check in an envelope.
- Please write your student's name, homeroom, and student id# on the envelope.
- You may also make pre-payments or check on your child's lunch account by using: mypaymentsplus.com or call 1-877-237-0946
IMPORTANT PARENT PICK-UP (CAR RIDERS) INFORMATION
Weekend Food Program - Violet Baptist Church
This program was created to help those families in need of meals for their children over the weekend. This is a wonderful program that helps those families in need within the PLSD.
What it is:
Food provided per student for 3 meals a day over Saturday and Sunday.
The food will be dropped off at the school office on Fridays.
The appropriate student will be notified and will come to retrieve their food bag.
We follow the school calendar & inclement weather schedule. No deliveries on Friday if no school. If we do know of a long weekend, we can arrange to drop for 3 days worth of meals. We have been approached by Mid Ohio Food Bank and have partnered with them to grow this program. Violet Baptist Church has volunteered to host the program and recruit volunteers from the community to join at VBC weekly to pack the food and distribute to the appropriate schools. Again, HOPE does not know whom the recipients are in order to keep strict confidentiality. If there is a food allergy we do identify that up front.
We keep strict guidelines on safety at the elementary levels for food prep. No food that needs a can opener, heat or microwave for little hands and safety. This changes for the upper levels. Also, we keep records for food safety and handling according to the standards set by the FDA and have completed training for such at Mid Ohio.
Lastly, this is no strings attached. Absolutely FREE for the student. If a household has more than one student, each student would receive a bag of food.
Please contact Marieca Mattox, School Counselor at Heritage Elementary School, if you are interested in this program or would like to learn more about it.
Phone: 614-833-6385 email: email@example.com
1st - 4th Grade 9:15 - 4:05
AM Kindergarten 9:15 - 12:15
PM Kindergarten 1:05 - 4:05
Two Hour Delay Schedule:
1st - 4th Grade 11:15 - 4:05
AM Kindergarten 11:15 - 1:15
PM Kindergarten 2:00 - 4:05
* Morning Breakfast*
Heritage serves breakfast every morning from 9:00 am to 9:15 am. The above breakfast menu has prices for your reference. Please communicate with your student whether or not they are to purchase breakfast. Thank you.
4th Grade 12:00 to 12:45 pm
1st Grade 12:15 to 1:00 pm
3rd Grade 12:30 to 1:15 pm
2nd Grade 12:45 to 1:30 pm
Click Here to add money to a lunch account using "My Payments Plus"
Drop Off Map
Heritage Elementary School
Morning Parent Drop Off
9:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
1. Any child being dropped off in a car will need to take Northern Avenue to Lakeview Drive and turn right onto the school grounds. Students will be dropped off on the playground. Please note: Law enforcement is requesting parents to utilize North Center Street and enter the school from the north side of either East Street or Lakeview Drive.
2. Please be courteous to the cars around you and make sure that when you pull onto the school grounds your student is ready to get out of the car in order to keep the line moving. If your student exits your car on the passenger side, please allow them to cross in front of your car before you move to ensure their safety.
3. We ask that cars remain in a single file line and do not pass the car in front of them. Exit onto East Street will be right turn only.
4. Busses will be dropping students off in front of the school. Reminder: State law states that when a bus has its red lights flashing and the “Stop” sign out, cars cannot pass the bus in either direction.
Any student arriving after 9:15 will need to be walked into the building and signed in by an adult. You will need to use the front entrance for late arrivals.
During Pick-Up, busses will pick up students from the playground and parents can pick up students on North East Street in front of the main office/cafeteria.
Kindergarten Pick-Up & Drop-Off:
Kindergarteners may be dropped off and picked up on North East Street in front of the main office. Please keep in mind that busses will also be utilizing this area for kindergarten drop-off and pick-up.