The Grizzly News
Maple Grove Elementary Newsletter September 2022
New Faces at Maple Grove
Mrs. Bonds - Principal
Mrs. Bishop - Learning Coach
Mrs. Goodman - 1st Grade
Mrs. Morss - Librarian (was previously playground supervisor)
Mrs. Bonds (Goebel) - Resource Room Grades K-3
Mrs. Bastian - Orchestra
Nurse Chris - Nurse
Nurse Heather - Nurse
Mr. Crofts - Custodian
Teaching Teams and Support Staff
Mrs. Quistberg & Mr. Luthy
Mr. Russ, Mrs. Hahn, Mrs. Howard, Mrs. Knuchell & Mrs. Williams
Mrs. Coltrin, Mrs. Imel, Mrs. Bishop, Mrs. Bonds & Mrs. Eberhardt
We would like to thank everyone who came out and donated their time to help clean up Maple Grove before the school year started. Many Maple Grove families, members of the Just Serve volunteer organization, and employees from our local Mathnasium joined us to dust cobwebs, wash windows, pull weeds and pick up trash. We were so thankful to have help to start the year off right! We look forward to making this an annual event.
Beginning in August 2022 Boise School District students will be charged for meals based upon their benefit status.
** Your student automatically qualifies for free meals (without the need for a meal application) in the following situations:
- Students who are directly certified (are members of a household receiving assistance under food stamps-SNAP, Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho-TAFI, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations-FDPIR, migrant, and foster programs) and students who are certified by the proper liaison as homeless or runaway will receive free breakfast and free lunch.
- Students who are determined to qualify for meal benefits after completing a school year 2022-2023 household meal application will receive free or reduced priced breakfast and lunch.
Meal applications forms
Eligibility for free and reduced price meals is determined based on your household income and the number of household members (see Eligibility Guidelines). If you think your household qualifies for free or reduced priced meals you are encouraged to complete an online meal application.
Need More Information?
Visit our Food & Nutrition Services website for information on menus, meal prices and learn how to apply for free or reduced priced meals.
PTO Membership Information
If you would like to become a member of the PTO, you may scan the QR code on the flyer image or click on the link below!
PTO website link: http://www.maplegrovepto.com/
**The first 50 people to become a member will receive a $5 gift card!**
Personal Toys on Playground
Ready for Kindergarten Workshops
Maple Grove Elementary is hosting another READY! for Kindergarten workshop series for parents of children ages 0-5! Attached is a flyer with the details. To register, use the link below. These workshops are not exclusive to Maple Grove families, and are open to any parents/caregivers of children ages 0-5! Please feel free to share! Thank you!
Maple Grove Elementary
Workshops for parents of children ages 0-5!
9/13 - Part 1: Language and Literacy
12/16 - Part 2: Math and Reasoning
3/7 - Part 3: Social and Emotional
Dinner and childcare provided!
Dinner @ 5pm | Workshops 5:30-7pm
NOW HIRING! Come Serve With Us
Do you want to make a positive difference in a student's life? Currently, Boise School District has a number of open positions, including Special Education Paraprofessionals, Just for Kids Childcare Providers,Title I Tutors, IT Systems Analyst, School Support Assistants, Sign Language Interpreter, School Custodians, Grounds Technician/ Equipment Operator, HVAC Technician, Warehouse Delivery Driver and more. Review our current job postings and apply online.
In addition, are our outside contractors have job openings for crossing guards, bus drivers and bus monitors. Learn more....
Fall Community Education - Now Enrolling
Do You Love to Learn?
Fall Community Education Now Enrolling!
This Fall, Boise School District is excited to once again offer in-person Community Education classes, as well as online courses. Select from more than two hundred personal enrichment classes, including Active Aging, Arts, Culinary Arts, Music, Leisure, Pets, Dance, Fitness, Health & Welfare, Computers & Technology, Culture & History, Garden & The Great Outdoors, and much more!
Enroll today at www.boiselearns.org
Review our Fall 2022 Community Education course catalog.
The Book Fair is coming in October!
Dates To Remember
- September 16: Food Truck Friday - Windy's Whip & Drizzle 4:30-6:30
- September 19: PTO Meeting in Library 3:30
- September 23: Food Truck Friday - Thinking Tacos? & Sugar Wagon 4:30-6:30
- October 12: Fall Individual Picture Day
- October 13, & 17-20: Book Fair in Library
- October 14: End of First Quarter - No School K-6
- October 17: PTO Meeting at Jalapenos 6:30
- October 19: Scotty's Hot Dogs Food Truck at the Book Fair
- October 20: Parent Conferences - No School K-6
- October 21: No School K-12
- November 21-25: Thanksgiving Holiday Break - No School K-12