Week of February 19th, 2018
- Feb 19th "Debrief" - Before leaving Monday afternoon, please make sure your team has completed the Feb 19th PD Debrief (see below).
- Robotics Survey - To help prioritize future purchases, please complete Carol's Robotics Survey at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ag9NldF916tRZU1h_9tVNAOaMVFNgmL_091GTZQjk6Y/edit
- "PLC in Your PJs" - Sign up to participate in our virtual Book Study & Twitter Chat at http://www.tinyurl.com/CoppellPLCChat
Real School Gardens Curriculum
Onions and Potatoes. We are currently growing both onions and potatoes in our garden plots. Did you know that the National Onion Association has its own cross-curricular education resources? Check out their curriculum here: https://www.onions-usa.org/all-about-onions/lesson-plan-on-food-and-nutrition
Fertilizer Bags. Considered using fertilizer bags for teaching nonfiction text features or math problem solving? Ms. Koslowski picked up a couple of bags for our campus that could be used for either purpose. Email her if you’d like to use them!
Use the QR code when you visit. Real School Gardens encourages you to keep using the garden and logging your visits by scanning the QR code and describing the basic purpose of your visit. QR codes are posted at each exit door leading out to the garden, on the front door of the shed, and on the table in the outdoor learning classroom. Each of you should also have a smaller version of the code that can be attached to the back of your teacher ID, and Ms. Koslowski can provide another one to you if needed. If you visited the garden throughout the first semester, it's not too late to scan and log those experiences if you have not yet done so!
Classroom Language Supports
Below is a great resource created by a few ESL Facilitators that provide ideas and tools to help us grow. Whether it is with Language Objectives, Sentence Stems, or Word Walls, click below for ideas on how to better support your ELs.
Monday PD Day
The afternoon will be yours to reflect/process/plan as a collaborative team. Please consider this time an extension of your typical "PLC" time. Mary and I will pop in and out, so please let us know if you will be meeting anywhere other than your Team Leader's room.
The district has given us a protocol to use for the afternoon. We have taken it and put it into a Google Doc to help you out. Please be sure to make a copy, and share with Mary and me.
Week At A Glance
- District PD Day - see details above
- Ed Foundation T-Shirt Day
- 3rd Collaborative Team Time
- TELPAS Calibration (Set 2) - 3:30
- 1st/3rd/5th Stop, Collaborate, & Listen - Please ensure your team is represented.
- 1st Collaborative Team Time
- 3rd Grade Design Day
- Team Leader Meeting - 3:30
- Kinder Collaborative Team Time
- 2nd Grade Design Day
- 4th Grade Battle Re-enactment
- K/2nd/4th Stop, Collaborate, & Listen - Please ensure your team is represented.
- Rise & Shine
- 5th Grade Collaborative Team Time