Fleming Flyer 11/13/2020
November 19th: Photo Retake Day
November 23rd: Parent Teacher Conferences
November 23rd-26th: Thanksgiving Break-No school
December 23rd-1st: Early Winter Break
A Few reminders from the office
1. It is important that every day at school every student is accounted for. Please remember to either call the office at 802-878-1381, email me at email@example.com or if you prefer, there is a form that you can fill out on on our homepage at ewsd.org/fle or attached is the direct link to the form:
If we don't hear from you, the absent will be considered an unexcused absence.
2. If you need to pick you student up during the day: if you are emailing the teacher directly, please include me in the front office as well. This helps to ensure that the student is ready on time, as they can be in different locations other than their classroom at that time, and helps me to find them without disrupting classrooms unnecessarily.
Thank you for your help and continued support.
What to Expect if there's a positive case of Covid-19 at School
Ms, McClintok's cousin Jake Dubie, talked with students about his service as a fighter pilot. Classrooms came up with a few questions that they had for Jake to answer during our assembly. Students were very interested in learning what he had to say.
Thank you to our families and community members for your service!
Share with your kids tonight what you are grateful for and see where the conversation leads.
We are thankful for all the great families we have this year that are helping to make our jobs easier!
Photo Retake Day
If you were absent the original day of photos, this is your opportunity to have them redone. Please let your child's teacher know if you need an order form, and they can send one home with your student.
Dressed for the Weather
Falcon Exchange (Formerly Emily's Closet)
Arrangements to drop off clothing can be done through our Howard Center Clinician Ali Fallon at Afallon@ewsd.org or by calling the office.
Tween Center Update
The Essex Teen and Tween Center Is Open!
While we work to get the space ready we want to hear from families about what you are expecting from us and to get an idea on who will be joining us this year.
Here's our new schedule!
Operating hours: 3:30-5:30pm
Tween Center: Monday, Friday (Fleming Students)
Teen Center: Tuesday, Thursday
Students are allowed to come their first day without a permission form, but after that, have to have a permission form turned into the Tween Center.
Teen and Tween Center Coordinator
Essex CHIPS, Inc.
Inspiring Youth, Building Healthy Communities
Serving Essex, Essex Junction, & Westford since 1986
2 Lincoln Street
Essex Junction, VT 05452
(802)-878-6982 ext 103
Brownell library is now open for appointments to residents of Essex Junction and Essex. Sign up for an appointment at calendly.com/brownellvt/browse
We are also still offering curbside check-outs. To request curbside:
- place books, DVDs, etc on hold at https://brownell.kohavt.org/
- call us at (802) 878-6955
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick-up hours are 10am-6pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 12pm-8pm on Wednesday. Materials will be available in the back library vestibule. We will call you when your request is ready.