All Seniors should click this link for the most up-to-date information regarding end-of-year items including Scholastic Awards, Graduation, Credit Recovery, Senior All Night Party, and more.
We have an important announcement we want to share with you. Beginning the 2021-2022 school year, all parents/guardians will need to have a Parent Portal account in Campus. The Parent Portal provides secure access to your child/children’s information such as class assignments, attendance, calendar, and grades. You can also use Parent Portal to pay for meals, fees, or school supplies.
There are many advantages of signing up for and using your Parent Portal account. It is convenient and easy to use, and gives you instant access to important information:
Nutritional Services: Manage your child/children’s meal accounts
· Make online payments using checking, savings and/or credit/debit card to pay for your student’s meals.
· Families can also set up automatic payments to pay for meals.
· Check current balances and see any purchases made on your child’s account.
Meal Benefits Application: Annual renewal is now easier
· Apply for Meal Benefits Application in Parent Portal
· Parents/Guardians must apply each year to qualify for free and reduced-priced meals.
· By applying, you also help the district receive additional funding to support classroom learning.
Activities & Athletics & School Store: Now includes shopping for school supplies
· Sign up and pay for Activities and Athletics fees for your child
· View and shop for your child/children’s school supplies
Transportation: Access important updates and information
· Access your child/children’s transportation information on the Parent Portal.
The district will be sending parents/guardians additional information soon on how to sign up for or reactivate Parent Portal accounts.
Fridley Public Schools
Chromebook Pick Up:
9th, 10th, and 11th Graders- Please drop off your Chromebook, charger, and Chromebook case the week of June 7th.
June 8th- give to your advisory teacher in the morning in advisory.
June 9th- you can drop off your Chromebook any time in the main office.
June 10th- give to your advisory teacher in the morning in advisory.
Even if you are attending Fridley High School next fall, we still need you to turn in your Chromebook for the technology department to refresh and update your computer. We want to get it in the best working order for the fall.
9th, 10th, and 11th grade online academy students, please feel free to drop off your Chromebook, charger, and Chromebook case to the main office on June 8th, 9th, or 10th.
12th grade: please see the Senior Class of 2021 Newsletter for updates.
End of school year:
Online Academy End of Year:
Support for Students
If your student is struggling, we have resources to help. Reach out to the mentor teacher of Chandra Hanke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text/call (763) 634-1489. We have tutoring and can offer organizational support and encouragement!
We are well into Quarter 4 classes. Many students have only 3 classes assigned for this quarter (if they completed 4 classes during Quarter 3.) If you have questions about the number of classes and credits. please contact your mentor or Chandra Hanke.
End of Semester
Seniors should finish their coursework on or before June 1. The other important dates are the same for Online Academy and in-person students:
· May 24th-28th- cap and gown pick up
· June 1st- Last day for coursework
· June 1st and 2nd- seniors turn in Chromebooks
· June 2nd- seniors practice for graduation, etc.
· June 3rd- graduation
9th, 10th, 11th graders should finish their coursework on or before June 9.
· June 9-10 Chromebook dropoff (details to come.)
Finishing the school year strong and using the summer months to build on your college and career. Click this link to watch the recorded google meet.
Get Ready Workshops
Tuesday, May 11th, 6:30-6:30am
This is an online event.
The Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the Get Ready program are offering two FREE workshops featuring Jesus Hernandez Mejia on Tuesday, May 11, 2020 (English session) and Tuesday, May 18, 2021 (Spanish session) from 6:30-7:30PM via Google Meet.
Workshop: Planning After High School: Know Your Options
This FREE workshop is open to middle and high school students and families.
Please join us for a night of learning about:
· Knowing your postsecondary options
· Things to consider when exploring postsecondary options
· Understanding how to pay for post-secondary options
Register Online: https://tinyurl.com/GetReady511
For Spanish Speaking Session:
Inscríbase en línea: https://tinyurl.com/GetReady518
For additional questions, please contact Matt Kiefer at email@example.com or 763-502-5790
Tutoring, Wednesdays at FHS, PBIS Student of the month, and more. Click this link to read more from our Academic Deans.
Check out May's activities newsletter for the most up-to-date information. Click here.
Parent Advisory Meeting
The spring meeting of the District (Parent) Advisory Committee will be held on Wednesday, May 19th, from 5:00 - 6:00 PM. The purpose of the District Advisory Committee’s is to ensure active community participation in all planning for instruction and curriculum affecting Minnesota Academic Standards. The Committee’s role is to make recommendations and give feedback regarding school district-wide standards, assessments, and program evaluation. If you are interested in attending, please contact Kathy Backstrom at the district office at 763-502-5021 to RSVP.
Online orders for yearbooks are closing at the end of April. Get your yearbook for $71 at Jostens.com today! Starting in May only cash or check purchases will be available. Order forms for cash/check purchases can be found in the main office. Order now while supplies last!
As our school year is coming to an end, the Transportation Department is already planning for bus transportation routing for the 2021-22 school year. As we prepare for a new school year, we want to share the following reminders with families:
· Any 2020-2021 transportation requests for home, alternate address, or daycare will be honored and maintained during the 2021-22 school year.
· If you did not request transportation this school year and wish to have transportation for your child for the 2021-2022 school year, please submit a Click here to complete the Transportation Request Form.
· You can also submit the Transportation Request Form if you want to switch your child’s transportation from a daycare/alternate address to your home.
· In addition, if your child/children have switched daycare, or your child/children need a stop at an alternate address (within the Fridley School District boundaries), please complete the Transportation Request Other Than Home Form. You may include all siblings who will be riding a bus in the "Comments" section of the form.
· In late summer you will receive a message that the transportation information is set for the first day of school. Once you receive this notification, please log into your Parent/Student portal to access your information.
· If you move, change phone number or email please let us know so we can update your new contact information.
The Transportation Department is available all summer so please call or email us if you have questions or any changes in your transportation needs.
Thank-you and have a great summer.
FRIDLEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Phone: 763-502-5151 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutritional Services Updates:
- Wednesday distance learner meal pick up time is 10:15-11:45 am at Fridley Middle School in the front of the school.
- Tuesday distance learner meal pick up is 4:30-6:00 at Fridley High School door 15
- In-person learning students can pick up a 1 day meal pack on Tuesday from 3:00-3:15 in the High School cafeteria to eat on Wednesday when they are at home.
- In-person learning students can pick up Afterschool super snack on Monday and Thursday after school in the High School cafeteria from 3:00-3:15 pm.
- All breakfast and lunches are free this school year due to USDA funding. We hope that your children will take advantage of this and see what great food we offer.
- Menus are posted on the district website for breakfast and lunch.
- If your income has changed please complete an Application for Educational Benefits and you might be eligible of P-EBT money.
- Any questions about meal service or meal pick up please contact Renee Arbogast at 763-502-5022.