Room 10 News
Mrs. Yeagle's Third Grade Class
Over the last two weeks we have been working on many things:
- Continuing procedures and routine
- Rounding, Estimating Sums and Differences, and Place Value in Math
- Writing "small moment" Narratives in Writing
- Developing strong Leads in our Narratives
- Building our reading stamina for independent reading
- Participating in Interactive Read Alouds in Reading
- Developing note taking strategies to monitor our comprehension
In the next two weeks we will focus on:
- The Real World Experience in Math - here students plan a trip through Illinois and estimate the mileage.
- Solve word problems using estimation of sums and differences
- Add elaboration to Narrative pieces
- Revise and edit current Narrative pieces
- Develop skills for a "Reader's Toolbox" through explicit reading instruction on skills and strategies.
Tuesday, September 29 - Picture Day
Please continue to support your child at home by encouraging them to read for 20-30 minutes a night. It is also important to practice math facts on a daily basis. See below for Math game websites!
Information about Standards Based Report Cards has been shared on our District website. Go to Teaching and Learning > Communication & Reporting. More resources will continue to be added.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.