Hubbard Elementary School
Things to Know for 2021-2022
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
It is an honor to introduce myself as the new principal of Hubbard Elementary School and to join this extraordinary school community. I hope that this note finds you enjoying the rejuvenating days of summer and that you and your children are looking forward to beginning a wonderful school year together on August 26. I can assure you that I share in this school community’s commitment to caring for your child(ren) each and every day while providing them a safe and positive learning environment.
To the Timberwolf students, I cannot wait to meet you all! I hope that you are excited for this coming school year and that you are out this summer playing and socializing while also finding time to read with your family and friends. It is going to be a fun year learning together.
Mrs. Justine Burgess
Tuesday, Aug. 24th, 4-6pm
311 East Porter Street
If you need support with school supplies, please ask your child's classroom teacher and we will make sure they have their supplies!
Meet the new principal, Mrs. Burgess, and get a popsicle!
Staff Changes at Hubbard
Current Staff Changes
- Mrs. Martin moved from library to kindergarten teacher
- Mrs. Gamboa - we welcome her back as our librarian and technology teacher
- Mrs. Choate is teaching 3rd grade
- Mrs. Backhaus is our special education teacher
- Mrs. McGrath is the new principal for Preschool
What will your child's day consist of?
- School hours: 8:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
- Students can arrive at 8:30 a.m.
Instructional minutes/ breakdown of students' day:
*This is an example, it can vary by day and grade level.
- Morning meeting: 15 min
- Reading ( 50 min.)
- Writing (25-30 min.)
- Language Arts (25 min.)
- Reading Differentiation (30 min.)
- Math (60 min.)
- Math Differentiation (30 min.)
- Science/ Social Studies: (30 min.)
- Extra Recess (15 min.)
- Specials (45 min. per day) - rotation of PE, music, library, technology
- Lunch/ Recess (40 min.). 15+ min lunch/ 25 min. recess
For updated information from our school district, click this button!
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Kuna School District Child Nutrition website for monthly menus:
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
To ensure safety, here is a BRIEF overview of our COVID-19 safety measures:
- Masks are optional for staff, students, and visitors as of August 13, 2021.
- Sanitization stations will be placed throughout the building.
- The building and classrooms will be consistently sanitized throughout the day.
Detailed guidance will be shared out in the near future for district and school guidelines.
Pick-up and Droff-Off Routine
To ensure a safe drop-off and pick-up for all students, please follow staff direction in the drop-off and pick-up zone.
- Adults should remain in vehicles during drop-off and pick-up. Staff will be available to assist students.
- Please do not drop students off before 8:30. We don’t have supervision before then.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30-8:50 in the cafeteria.
- Unless parents sign students out in the office, students will be remain in class until 3:35
- Please remain in your vehicle in the drop-off and pick-up lane.
- If you would like an extended goodbye or pick up, please park in a parking spot.
Student and Parent Handbook
Office Hours & Contact
Office Manager: Tara Whitney
As a school, we will be using Blackboard as our mass communication tool, which is a district wide tool. We will no longer be using Bloomz. If you have questions, please email your child's teacher or office manager, Tara Whitney.
Hubbard School Website
Need more information about our school or district?
Go to our website for more information: https://www.kunaschools.org/hubbard
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow our Facebook page!
Meet the Principal - Mrs. Burgess
While my career as an educator is to support and guide students and staff, I am first and foremost a mother and wife. My husband, Brock, and I have resided in Idaho for 10 years, where we enjoy the outdoors and the family friendly atmosphere and activities. My three children, Payton (6), Ryder (4) and Bexley (2) keep me motivated and balanced.
The 2021-2022 school year will mark my 10th year in education. Since graduating from the University of Idaho with my bachelors degree in 2012, I have served the Kuna School District as a teacher (6 years) and a vice principal (3 years). Although I feel at home in the classroom working with students, it is in administration that I have been the most fulfilled and found a purpose for my life’s work. The elementary principalship provides me the chance to work collaboratively with teachers while also remaining connected to young students to encourage and support their learning in the classroom and at home. I believe that every child can excel with partnership between home and school, while they build confidence in their ability to shape their future and the future of our community.
Along with the teachers and staff of Hubbard Elementary, I will work hard to continue and strengthen the success and culture of building strong relationships with parents, students, and community members. As your principal, it is important to me that everyone who steps through the doors - teachers, students, parents - are excited to be here! This attitude enables us to meet the challenges of academic excellence in a positive, fun, and nurturing environment.
A goal and commitment of mine is to explore new ways to meet the needs of all students and to effectively communicate with parents, community members, students, and staff.
Please know that my door is always open to you. I heartily welcome your conversation and positive input throughout this year. Let us always keep our students the primary focus of our work. I look forward to celebrating our collective successes during the 2021-2022 school year.