Bell Peppers Recipe
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Bell Peppers
12 ounces dried fettuccine
3 tablespoons butter
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
2 large red or yellow bell peppers, cut into bit-size strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions in a large pot. Drain and return to the pot; cover to keep it warm.
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through and no pink remains. Remove with slotted spoon. Add bell peppers to pan; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic to pan; cook for 1 minute more. Add whipping cream, salt, and black pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat; add the 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese and cooked chicken.
3. Add cooked fettuccine to the pan, stir gently. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.