Shawnee High School
A Note From Guidance
Senior year, what!? Now is the time for students to start making decisions about what their next steps in life will be. We are here to help! We have created this newsletter to be a guide to the resources students need to be successful their senior year. Also, we will be scheduling senior checks with each individual student to discuss their future plans. As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions. There is a Google Form at the end of the newsletter to submit questions and we will get in contact. We hope the Class of 2022 makes memories and cherishes their last year as a Shawnee Indian. Go Tribe!
A Guide To the College Admissions Process Presentation
This is such an exciting time in Seniors' lives, but it is full of change which can sometimes feel less exciting and more stressful. Volume up! Click the link below to watch this presentation with audio about the College Admissions Process.
What is the Common Application?
Click here to access our Common Application Guide.
Click here to access the Common Application.
College/Career/Military Visit Request Form
Students must take the following steps in order to make a college/career/military visitation on school days:
1. Arrange the visit with the college
2. Complete this form.
3. Wait for confirmation/approval from guidance (through school email).
4. Confer with each teacher prior to the visit in order to arrange for make up work.
5. Bring/scan or send through email confirmation of visit from college to your school counselor.
Advice for Seniors
- Keep your grades up. Strong grades/GPA during the first semester is critical.
- Be mindful of deadlines.
- Plan ahead to get the best recommendation letter.
- If you need a recommendation from a teacher for college, scholarship, or a job, your first step is to ask the teacher if he/she is able to write you a recommendation letter.
- Make sure to tell the teacher the deadline and give the teacher AT LEAST two weeks to write the letter.
- You also need to let the teacher know how to submit the letter (common app, sent to guidance to be mailed with transcript, etc.).
- Make as many memories as you can! This year will fly by.
Q & A
Please submit any questions you may have. As a guidance department, we will post our answers in the Class of 2022 Google Classroom so all students can see the answers. If you are a parent, we will email you directly with our answers. No question is a silly question. If you're thinking about it, ask us! We are here to help. Click below to access the Q & A form.