October 3, 2021
PARA TRADUCIR: Para la versión en español, haga clic aquí para abrir en su navegador. Luego haga clic en el ícono de la persona en el círculo en la parte inferior izquierda y seleccione "Traducir Newsletter" para traducir.
Dear Wolfpack Community--
Welcome to Week 8 and Happy October! Please take a moment to check out what's going on at Reed!
- October is National Bullying Prevention Month and PTSA has resources to help!
- Jump into Action! LAUSD school board redistricting is happening (and some of the proposed maps may affect Reed). Learn more. The next public hearing is October 4th.
- Want to Volunteer In-Person? Be sure to get your LAUSD volunteer status processed and approved (including proof of vaccination) if you want to be able to help out with in-person events like Beautification Day, Talent Show, etc. Click Here to start the process.
- PTSA Reflections Submission Deadline is Nov. 7th! Learn more about how your student can participate!
Parisa Stepanek - Friends of Reed President email@example.com
Jenna Schwartz - PTSA President firstname.lastname@example.org
A big thank you to our families who have already donated! We are on the path to our goal of $50,000 by the end of December AND 100% participation at any level that works for your family, whether that’s $10, $100, or $1,000.
Wondering where your dollars will go?
2021-2022 FUNDRAISING INITIATIVES:
• New lunch tables around campus so students can safely and comfortably spread out
• Campus beautification including landscaping, painting, and upgrades to the garden space
• Academy enrichment, including day field trips and teacher supplies as needed
Click the "Donate Now!" button below or visit www.friendsofreed.org .
RUSTIC SPOON DINE & DONATE
Lunch: 11am - 3pm Dinner: 5pm - 9pm
- Valley Village: 12500 Magnolia Blvd. (818) 358-3736
- Toluca Lake: 4384 Lankershim Blvd. (818) 754-8998
- Sherman Oaks: 14845 Burbank Blvd. (818) 855-1718
ONLINE (Pickup and delivery), order via RUSTICSPOON.INFO (all locations). Under Special Instructions, please say ""Walter Reed"" to make it count, plus get 5% off!
BY PHONE (Pickup ONLY), order from any of the 3 locations by PHONE. Remember to say ""Walter Reed"" to make it count.
SAVE THE DATE: FoR/PTSA MEETING
Next Meeting October 13 at 7 PM via Zoom
Zoom ID: 845 1142 3343
- Financial Reports (Treasurer's Report)
- Executive Board Report & Recommendations
- Committee Updates
- Old/New Business
- Principal's Report
Support Our School Everyday
AmazonSmile is available on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android. Select "Walter Reed Middle School PTA-PTSA"
Register your Rewards Card at www.ralphs.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page & under Community, click on Kroger Community Rewards. Enroll with "Walter Reed Middle School/Friends of Reed".
Farm Fresh to You
Use the promo code: REEDFRESH when you sign up for home delivery and 10% of sales will be donated back to Reed! Visit farmfreshtoyou.com to sign up.
Farm Fresh to You
Upcoming Important Dates
Now - October 15 - NJHS Milk & Bookies Drive for Pre-k-5th
10/4 - Mobile Vaccination Clinic
10/7- Prospective Parent Night @ 5-7 PM
10/11 - FIHP meeting @ 7 PM
10/12 - ELAC Meeting 9 AM, Zoom ID 832 1192 6933
10/11&12 - Rustic Spoon Fundraiser
10/12 - Shared Decision Making Council @ 3 PM via zoom
10/12 - 8th Grade Music Concert @ 6 PM
10/13 - PTSA/FoR Meeting at 7 PM via Zoom
10/14 - 7th Grade Music Concert @ 6 PM
10/15 - Reflections Workshop for Students during lunch in library
10/19 - School Site Council Meeting @ 3 PM
10/21 - Parent Conference Night 5-7 PM
10/22 - Minimum Day (12:37 Dismissal) & PTSA Free Dress Day for PTSA student members
10/23 - Beautification Day 8-2 PM
10/28 - Coffee with the Principal
10/28 - Meet the High School Night 5:30-8 PM
View and subscribe to the FULL and updated Reed calendar (works best from a desktop computer). Use this calendar URL to add to your Google Calendar: webcal://reedms.com/servlet/ICalServlet?id=0