News and Views
An e-newsletter from Mounds View Public Schools
March 2, 2023
Minnesota Teacher of the Year award
Congratulations to the three District teachers who have been named semifinalists for the 2023 Minnesota Teacher of the Year award. After a group of finalists are announced in April, the statewide Teacher of the Year will be named May 7. Congratulations and good luck to all semifinalists!
Semifinalists from Mounds View Public Schools:
- Mackenzie Keimig, Mounds View High School
- Kathryn O'Brien, Bridges
- Richard Rosivach, Irondale High School
The spring edition of the District's news magazine will soon arrive in residents' mailboxes. In the latest edition of School Talk, read a post-pandemic progress report. Learn how our students are faring and how we compare to other school districts. Also inside:
Food-to-Hogs food recycling program
NEW virtual tours for our K-12 buildings.
Flip through the electronic copy or download a PDF copy here.
Summer activities registration opens March 27
Registration for summer Community Education activities opens Monday, March 27, at 9 a.m. Take a look at the digital catalog to see the upcoming offerings for adults, youth and families!
- Summer day camps
- High school sports camps
- Adult day trips and art classes
Register at mvpschools.org/RegisterCommunityEd.
FREE Summer EXPO event
Five facts to know about transportation
- We contract transportation services with six different bus companies.
- Bus drivers are not Mounds View Public Schools employees.
- Like all bus companies, our transportation providers are experiencing a shortage of drivers. We are working collaboratively with them to address the need for additional drivers.
- Late buses may be an occasional consequence of the driver shortage. We apologize for this, and we ask for patience as we work with the bus companies to find drivers.
- At times, when routes need to be covered by different substitute drivers, times and route consistency may vary.
To learn more about bus driving opportunities, please call 651-621-8900 or visit american-trans.com.
Chalkboard Capers is back for 2023
Chalkboard Capers is a variety show presented annually by the Mounds View Education Association. District teachers and staff host the show to raise money for student scholarships for graduating seniors from District schools. After a long hiatus due to COVID-19, the show is returning this spring!
Dates and times:
March 29, 5:15 p.m.
March 30, 6:30 p.m.
March 31, 6:30 p.m.
April 1, 6:30 p.m.
Irondale High School (2425 Long Lake Road, New Brighton)
Save the Date: Rock the School House 2023
Did you know?
The District’s mental health team publishes “Let’s Talk About It,” a monthly blog that addresses substance use and mental health challenges among our students and families. The goal is to provide information, quality resources and support related to these issues. Topics have included vaping, mental health and marijuana. Read the blog at mvpschools.org/letstalkaboutit