Sand Ridge 5th Grade Newsletter
For the week of August 17, 2020
- Ms. Bishop (ELA)
- Mrs. Lara (DLI)
- Mrs. Lefever (EC)
- Mrs. Lewis (Math)
- Ms. O'Brien (Science)
We are so excited to teach your children this year!
If you have not already, please take time to visit your child's homeroom teacher's website and complete the "Virtual Orientation Questionnaire" at the bottom of the page. You can also find information about your child's bus number and route this way.
- In-person learning: Monday and Tuesday
- Remote learning: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
- First day of in-person learning: Monday, Aug. 17, 2020
- In-person learning:Thursday and Friday
- Remote learning: Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday
- First day of in-person learning: Thursday, Aug. 20, 2020
On in-person instructional days, students will attend regular school hours.
During the first week of school, students will choose assignments to complete independently on a choice board. Your child should complete one math, one reading, and one science assignment over the three days he or she is remote learning. The choice board is attached below.
Beginning Wednesday, Aug. 26, all students will be expected to participate in live virtual instruction. More information about this will be available next week.
The First Day of School
- Student Contact Information
- First Day of School Tag
On the first day of your child's in-person instructional days, he or she will receive their "Purple Folder" with their welcome packet forms inside. Please make sure you read over these forms carefully and have your child return these completed forms to school ASAP:
- Permission for Emergency Medical Care
- District-Issued Device Agreement**
- Student/Parent Internet Agreement**
- SRES Partnership Agreement
- Health and PE Permission
- Military Connections
- Waiver of Optional Student Accident Insurance
- Annual FERPA Notification and Opt-Out (OPTIONAL: Only return if you do not want your child's picture taken.)
**Students will not be able to take their district-issued devices home until these forms are returned.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us by phone or email. We can't wait to meet students on Monday or Thursday!
Sand Ridge's Phone Number: 910-326-5199
Ms. Bishop's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lara's email: email@example.com
Mrs. Lefever's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lewis's email: email@example.com
Ms. O'Brien's email: firstname.lastname@example.org