What are students learning?
Updated COVID Guidance
- Staff and students who have symptoms, regardless of vaccination status should – get tested and isolate from others while waiting for a result. If testing is not possible, follow the guidance below as if the person is positive.
- Isolation: Staff and students who test positive, regardless of vaccination status, and
- Do not have symptoms – should isolate from others for 5 days, then wear a mask for 5 additional days.
- Have symptoms – should isolate from others until fever-free and symptoms are improving. Individuals should isolate for at least 5 days since symptoms began and then wear a mask for 5 additional days.
- Quarantine: Staff and students who are exposed to someone with COVID-19, and
- Not vaccinated – stay away from others for 5 days, get tested on day 5 after exposure, and if they test negative, return to school while wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
- Vaccinated and eligible for a booster, but not yet been boosted – stay away from others for 5 days, get tested on day 5 after exposure, and if they test negative, return to school while wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
- Vaccinated, and have either received a booster or are not yet eligible for a booster – individuals do not need to stay away from others, but should wear a mask for 10 days.
- StrongSchoolsNC Toolkit guidance that remains unchanged includes:
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated after a close contact in a classroom or other school setting if masks were being worn appropriately and consistently by both the person with COVID-19 and the potentially exposed person do NOT need to quarantine.
High School Signature& Specialty Programs Follow-up
The application link for NHCS High School and Specialty Programs is below. The application is open through January 21st.
In case you missed it, The Signature Program Information Video is also linked below and gives a snapshot of all the programs NHCS offers.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to Kristen Guthrie with any questions about the Signature Programs and the process for applying.
Kristen Guthrie, 8th Grade Counselor
Is your middle-schooler interested in AI?
After School Tutoring and Enrichment
Please complete the form below ONLY if you are interested in having your child participate in this opportunity. Please complete the form for each individual child you have at Williston.
After School Media Center Hours
Please fill out the "Tutoring and Enrichment Participation Form" if you will need bus transportation.
DREAMS of Wilmington
Click the link below to view Spring 2022 Program Information
See It. Report It.
"Say Something" is an anonymous reporting system for students to report concerns about someone who may harm themselves or others.
Public Health Toolkit
Due to numerous changes in routes, stops, riders and times throughout the school year, please download the Edulog Parent Portal bus tracking phone application. Once your child is registered, it will have the most up-to-date route information.
If you have any bus transportation issues, please contact one of our assistant principals:
Ms. Matilda Scott
Ms. Alisha Sheesley
Our PTA needs volunteers!
Location: 401 South 10th Street, Wilmington, NC, USA