Pacific Avenue Academy of Music
Measure EE Bond Projects
Pacific Avenue Academy of Music Digital Gateway Initiative
Scope: Jurupa Unified has launched a Digital Gateway Initiative, which means that each student in 2nd through 6th grade at Pacific Avenue Academy of Music is equipped with a Chromebook to take to and from school. Each Chromebook is monitored and filtered to protect students while online. Digital Gateway is funded by short-term financing proceeds from Measure EE, the facilities bond that district voters approved in November 2014. The bond costs related to the Chromebooks will be fully paid during the life of the devices.
Digital Gateway will:
- Increase student engagement and productivity through personalized learning and equal access to technology.
- Extend and expand learning beyond the school day - anytime, anywhere learning 365 days a year, 24/7.
- Provide all students with 21st century tools and relevant learning experiences.
- Increase 21st century skill development in collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking and problem solving, digital literacy, and global awareness.
Launched: August 2016
Pacific Avenue Academy of Music Wireless Network Upgrades
About the project
Modernization of Pacific Avenue Academy of Music's wired and wireless network infrastructure, replacing aging cables, and installing new wireless access points.
Wireless Network Upgrades will:
- Preserve high-speed internet access for every student in every classroom
- Ensure more stable, reliable internet service throughout the school day
- Provide internet service up to 10 times faster than the speed of the network being replaced
Completion - July 2016