PARENT REMINDERS - 3/27/2015
ACE Program Updates
Hello Panther Parents/Guardians,
Thank you to all who completed our PARENT SURVEY!! You sharing feedback with us about how the ACE program can serve your needs is greatly appreciated and valued!!
Below are updates about our Texas ACE Afterschool programming.
- Homework Help = is every day from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM our students have the opportunity to begin working on their homework and receive help from our dedicated staff.
- Tutorials/Enrichment = is offered daily from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Students receive more focused help based on their specific needs within this time frame.
- B.M.X. (Boys Making eXperiments) - held on Wednesday's from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM and our boys are completing the building of their robotic arms.
- G.E.M.S. (Girls Exploring Math and Science) - held on Monday's from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM where the girls finished building their robotic arm. They experienced some minor technical difficulty in the movement and are working hard to assess the problem so, they can research the solution.
- NOVELty - is still enjoying reading Paradise every Friday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Girls Club - You asked and I heard you! Every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM we focus on empowering our girls for success with social and emotional development. They have an opportunity to discuss a variety of topics, learn character development and hear from some special guest.
- Golf - Every Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM we partner with The First Tee program which helps shape the lives of our youth by introducing them to values inherent in the game of golf. Values like integrity, respect and perseverance. In addition to learning fundamentals of the golf swing and the game, our character education and life skills programs help kids and teens prepare for success at school, at home and in their community.
- Zumba - Dance and have fun every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM at our elementary campus. Parents please joins us and bring your family and friends.
PANTHER FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT
The Fine Arts Department is working hard to prepare for our Spring Blackout show! We truly need your support in helping ensure each participant attends practice from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM. (see practice days below)
- Band - students are jamming away in preparation for the Spring 2015 Blackout show every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Dance - the dance company is excited about their upcoming Spring 2015 Blackout show. Practice is Monday - Friday.
- Theatre - our actors are rehearsing their lines for the Spring 2015 Blackout show every Monday - Wednesday.
Wishing you a great SPRING BREAK! If I can be of any help feel free to stop and talk to me when you are here or contact me any time!
ACE Program Managergbufkin@texasempowerment.org
TXEA PARENT ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOPS
As part of our 21st Century grant parent participation is a requirement. To fulfill this requirement we will have a series of six classes that started this October 2014 - April 2015 . There will be a raffle for those who attend at least four out of the six (4 out of 6) workshops!!
1. October - Budgeting Your Paycheck (completed)
2. November - First Aid/CPR Class (completed)
3. April - Cover Letter/Resume Writing (Thursday 4/2, 6:00-7:00 PM)
4. April - Home Buying Tips/Programs and Mortgage Lending (Tuesday 4/7, 6:00-7:00 PM)
5. April - How to prepare to pay for college (Monday 4/20, 6:00-7:00 PM)
6. May - Basic Car Maintenance (Date TBD, 6:00-7:00 PM)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
These workshops have great information and very knowledgeable presenters!! See you there . . . it's simple, just see Mrs. Bufkin to sign-up.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS (UPDATED)
Friday 3/27 - Early Release NO AFTERSCHOOL
Monday, 3/30 - Tuesday, 3/31 - STAAR TESTING
Thursday, 4/2 - PARENT WORKSHOP - Cover Letter and Resume Writing Tips
Friday, 4/3 - Progress Reports sent home / Bad Weather Make-Up Day
Tuesday, April 7 - PARENT WORKSHOP - Home Buying/Programs and Mortgage Options
Friday, April 10 - Picture Day
Monday, April 20 - PARENT WORKSHOP - Preparing For College (Financial Aid Options)
Tuesday, 4/21 - Wednesday, 4/22 - STAAR TESTING
Friday, 4/24 - Report Cards sent home