Stanley Avenue School Newsletter
Term 3 Week 7 2021
Hello, Kia ora, Chomreabsour, Mālo ni, Ni hao, Kia orāna, Talofa lava, Namaste, Hola, Hallo, Chào bạn, Bula Vinaka, Kumusta, Guten Tag, Mālō e lelei , An-nyeong-ha-se-yo, greetings to all our School Families.
Message from our Principal
Nau mai hoki mai- Welcome back Team Stanley
It’s hard to believe that our first two days of onsite learning under Alert Level 2 are all but over. We have had on average 85% of students physically at school this week. Thursday morning saw students bound through the school gate excited to be back. It’s been great to observe the friendly and positive vibe across the school.
A reminder that for the next little while students are to bring their own drink bottles to school and buses are operating as per normal.
Next week we will continue to allow just the Piwakawaka parents onto the school grounds before school to take their children to Rooms 10 and 11. The tracing register will need to continue to be filled out or you can scan our Covid QR code.
As a school community, you have been incredibly cooperative and supportive during the Lockdown period. I know the staff are greatly appreciative of your efforts with Distance Learning.
Let’s hope we go to Level 1 in the near future.
Stanley Avenue School Alert Level 2 Key Guidelines Summary
Please note the below guidelines are in place to protect your children and all school personnel alike and are taken from Ministry of Education advice to schools.
As a staff, our initial focus will be on the Well-being ‘Hauora’ of our students. Numerous research identifies that students need to feel comfortable, secure, and happy within a positive environment for learning to occur.
· Schools are exempted from physical distancing requirements. (No Social Distancing).
· Children and staff do not need to wear face coverings because other public health measures will be in place. However, they are optional to wear if children know how to wear them properly.
Parents of Piwakawaka students dropping students off in the morning and parents needing to go to the school office must now wear a face mask.
· It is important to not send your child/ children to school if they are sick.
· On arrival and departure from school and throughout the day students will sanitize/ wash and dry their hands before entering and exiting their classrooms.
· Hand sanitizer/ soap and paper towels are available in all areas of the school.
· All surfaces across the school will be cleaned regularly, including toilet areas.
· We require every child to bring their own water bottle to school.
· A reminder students within Team Tui and Team Ruru are welcome to bring their own devices to school for learning purposes.
· Our playgrounds will be operational for Morning Tea and lunchtime only but not for the whole school.
· Team Piwakawaka will have the option of using the front playground at Morning Tea and Team Pukeko at Lunchtime.
· Students will sanitize/ wash their hands prior to and after playground use.
· In line with Ministry recommendations only parents/ family/ whānau of Piwakawaka students will be allowed on-site before school to deliver their child/children to outside their classroom.
· A school staff member will sign Piwakawaka parents in (or scan) for contact tracing purposes and hand sanitizer will be available.
· Students from other syndicates are to assemble on the front court area in their own or sibling space.
· No parents are allowed onsite in the afternoon to pick up their children. Classrooms teachers will walk students out to the front gate area to be let go.
· It is recommended at afternoon pick-up time for parents/ family members to wait by their car if they are parked in the car park.
· Buses will be running at their normal times and are sticking to their same routes. Bus companies are responsible for providing increased sanitation on each bus. Masks are not required to be worn on the bus, however they are optional if students know how to wear them properly.
· Parents needing to go to the school office, will need to line up outside the office entrance with a ‘one in one out’ system.
· If you need to get a message to your children’s teacher that is non-urgent feel free to use the communication channels that we have been using during Distance Learning. Messages can also be left at the office via email/phone or the school app.
· Kids Club will be open and operating.
Fishing with the Narayan Family in Lockdown. We love it!
Lego Amusement Park/ Rollercoaster challenge - Lockdown Learning
Creative Lockdown Learning Challenges in Room 6
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in Room 11
Stanley Avenue School Enrolment Scheme
Details of pre-enrolment procedures and subsequent balloting procedures
The board advises that five spaces for new entrant students and five spaces for Years 1-8 students are likely to be available for the period of 26 October 2021 to 15th November 2021.
Applications close 9am, 26 October 2021. If the number of out-of-zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot for out of zone places is required, it will be held at 10am, 26 October 2021.
Application forms are available from our school office.
Phone 07 8848 479 or alternatively contact John Byers (Principal) on 021 138 1983