What Would You Do If
Your Child Was Kidnapped?
No Matter What Kind of Kidnapping Occurs, It is Still Wrong
- Every 40 seconds, a child in the United States is abducted.
- The most common kidnapping that occurs is "family kidnapping" which happens 49 percent of the time by family members.
- Another kind is "acquaintance kidnapping" which happens 27 percent of the time by friends of the family.
- The last kind is "stranger kidnapping" which only happens 24 percent of the time, but is still common.
The FBI receives more than 2,000 missing child reports every day. That means 2,000 yesterday, 2,000 today and 2,000 tomorrow.
- The increase in missing children since 1988 is 500%, and if nothing is done about it, it will continue to increase.
Preventing Child Abductions
- There are 300 long term abductions per year where the children are either murdered, never found, or returned to their families months or even years later.
- To prevent this from happening, teach your children self defense.
STOPPING CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Giving Kids Fighting Chance! (Children Personal Safety)
On this website, http://www.amberalert.gov/ you can sign up to receive amber alerts, which show kidnappings in progress.
- The "Amber Alert" system is sent out to all phones, news stations, TVs, emails and any other social communication.
- It alerts the public of when and where a child is abducted in their area.
- This has helped many families find their children and get them home safely.