Afternoon PPCD Classroom News
February 9, 2016
Important Info for Valentine's Day
1. Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year, so we will exchange Valentines on the Friday before (Feb 12).
2. Valentine's Day is NOT a school party day, which means the Valentines your child passes out need to be non-food (no candy or other food items).
3. Non-food goodies ARE allowed. Some parents send pencils, crayons, notepads, party favor toys, etc.
4. This year, we will not be making the boxes in the classroom. Instead, we are asking that you work with your child to create a Valentine box. Helpful hint: in the past, students have had many Valentines which were bigger than the traditional slit in the top of a box, so I would recommend a larger box with an opening at least the size of your child's hand.
5. The list of students can be found on our website. I would encourage you to have your children practice writing their name on the Valentines. **Update: There is also a link to students name and letterlink symbols on our website if you would like to print them and attach them to your child's cards.
Their website has videos, lyrics, activity ideas, and printable pictures that go with each song. Click here for a fun song to sing with your child :)
Our Latest Adventures
Painting with watercolors provides a great opportunity to work on fine motor skills and also language skills as we talk about what types of colors, lines, and shapes students are painting.
Tearing & Snipping Paper
Our Sand & Water Table is filled with colorful shredded paper. Students have enjoyed tearing the paper and practicing snipping with scissors.
We practiced jumping with both feet off the ground as we went from line to line across the carpet.