Cost of PCP
- PCP usually costs around $50-$75 for one gram
- A half ounce costs around $250-$300
- One whole ounce costs around $450-$600
How does PCP enter the country?
PCP is supplied and distributed out from California through gangs. They sell it in large cities, night clubs, and sometimes college campuses.
Legality/Schedule of PCP
PCP is illegal and is classified as a Schedule 2 drug
- No recent legislation dealing with PCP
- Anyone who is found with possession of PCP will be charged under state law
- If an individual is found with more than 100 grams of PCP they could get charged with a fine of 2 million dollars and could face up to 40 years in prison
- If it involves an individuals death then the person could be in prison for the rest of their life
Prevalence of Use in: US, MD, Harford County
- More than 33,00 people have said they currently use PCP today
- More than 500 people use PCP in Maryland
- Not many in Harford County use PCP but numbers are slowly increasing
Potential for Addiction
PCP is highly addictive
The best treatment for PCP is the combination of two drugs, trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole. It must be taken every day for around three weeks. After its treated the dosage must be lowered so it does not return.
- Phencyclidine (PCP). Los Angeles, CA: U.S. Dept. of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, Los Angeles Division, 1986. Web.
- Fact Sheet. Boston, MA: Dept., 1988. Web.
- "DEA / Drug Fact Sheets." DEA / Drug Fact Sheets. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
- "PCP Possession and Penalties | Criminal Law."CriminalDefenseLawyer.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.