8th Grade ELA News
December 7th, 2015
Our Learning Targets
Our goals this week are:
- Provide textual evidence to support claims.
- Review skills we have covered throughout the 1st semester so we are prepared for Midterms.
- Create inferences by using foreshadowing examples from the text.
- Students should be reading at least 30 minutes per night.
- Written Portion of the Midterm will be given this Friday!
- Reading portion of our Midterm will be given December 14th!
Beta Club is collecting canned goods to help support the families in our community during this holiday season.
8th Grade ELA Overview
During each unit, students will explore the elements of effective writing, read and analyze fiction and nonfiction, and develop reading strategies. Students will examine literature from the perspective of a writer and use their study of literature to improve their own writing. Students will improve their vocabulary through a variety of activities. Utilizing mentor sentences, students will analyze grammatical structures in writing. Students will maintain a portfolio to demonstrate their growth in language arts. Reading, writing, language, viewing, speaking and listening skills will be developed through a variety of individual and group assignments.