Eagle Friday News and Notes
September 22, 2017
Dear Eagle Families,
Hello, Eagle Families. This just a quick note to inform you that all is well, and our brief evacuation at Eagle Elementary early this morning ended with the fire department clearing BAC students and staff to return inside the building. The brief evacuation that took place before student arrival was due to a strong odor detected by Eagle staff upon entering the building this morning.
Zionsville Fire Department, Zionsville Police Department and ZCS Maintenance worked together to deem the matter under control for the safe return of the building occupants before we welcomed our students for the day.
We are grateful to our Eagle and BAC staff for assuring student and staff safety. In addition to thanking ZPD and ZFD. We want to share how pleased we were with the welcoming nature of our partners at the Hussey-Mayfield Library. Our morning BAC students were able to gather at the library in a calm and comforting environment.
Please thank a fire fighter or police officer when you next see one. They have our schools' and families' safety at the forefront of their minds.
As always, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Have a wonderful weekend!
We had a great literacy night on Tuesday! Thank you!
28: Jog-A-Thon rain date
29: 4th Grade Field Trip: Feast of the Hunter's Moon
3: Which Wich Night; ZFD visits 1st Grade
4: Walk to School Day
5: ZFD visits 2nd Grade
6: Dad's Club Camp out
10: 1st Quarter Ends
Jog A Thon Update
Jog A Thon Schedule 2017-18
3rd and 4th Grade Classes
8:45 am Kids Come Out
Warm up on soccer field
9:05 am Start Run – Mr. Foreman walk first lap
9:35 am Break on Blacktop- cheers, snack
10:00 am Restart Run
Pre-school starts – Mr. Foreman walk first lap
10:30 am Finish Run
K, 1st and 2nd Grade Classes
12:20 pm Kids Come Out
Warm up in soccer field
12:40 pm Start Run – Mr. Foreman walks first lap
1:10 pm Break on Blacktop – cheers, snack
1:35 pm Restart Run
2:05 pm Finish Run
- Special thanks to our Jog-a-Thon sponsors
- Don't Forget: If we reach our Jog-a-Thon donation goal Mr. Foreman will dress up as Captain Underpants and be taped to a wall!
- Contact Kristie Goehausen with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Lunch Information
- If you’re a parent or caregiver at Eagle, you’re automatically a member of the Parent Teacher Organization! Our next meeting is September 26 at 1:15pm at school. Everyone (including little ones) is welcome.
- Volunteer: So many ways for anyone to offer a helping hand at Eagle. Visit eaglepto.ivolunteer.com - we need assistance soon with Box Top counting and the book fair, but there are many other ways to help!
- Rain Garden: Have a few hours to help beautify Eagle? September 29 & 30 we need some hands (adult & kid) to transplant items from the Town Hall. Contact Heather.email@example.com if you’re available!
- Clubs: After school clubs are free and registration is now open for several of them. Visit eaglepto.ivolunteer.com to sign up.
- If you’d like to stay informed about Eagle events subscribe to text messages by texting @eaglepto to 81010. Like us on Facebook at Eagle Elementary PTO.
Strong in Every Way
Click here to learn more about ZCS's Human Capital Campaign.
Click here to learn about other events taking place in our community.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.