Square Up to RTI2
- We are now using spring norms
- Spring universal screening window is set for May 1-18
- The student plan in Aspen is the official record of intervention. Notes gathered in other formats (ex: Google sheet/doc) should be transferred into the meeting notes in Aspen.
- When a student is no longer receiving intervention through the RTI2 process, do not forget to fill in the End Date on the Student Plan, change the Status from Active to Previous, and then click Save.
Dyslexia Resources and Reminders
- Dyslexia Letters- Phase 2: Please download this spreadsheet to enter students not included in the first round of dyslexia letters. The spreadsheet can be sent to your RTI2 coach for printing letters and uploading of student names to Aspen.
- April 27th is the last day to submit names for the Aspen upload
Summer Professional Development Opportunities
All professional development opportunities will be held at Sarah Simpson. Please register on My Learning Plan.
June 26, 2018 8:30-10:00 This training will review the "Say Dyslexia" Law and the requirements from the state. We will discuss difficulties these students face, how we provide strategies and align interventions to meet their needs. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how to help their students and how to talk to parents about their child's difficulties in reading.
June 28, 2018 8:30-11:00 Strategies to Support the 7 Dyslexic Characteristic Areas
Description: This interactive training will cover strategies and ways to support students who exhibit characteristics of dyslexia in the classroom and in intervention groups in grades K-5.
July 11, 2018 8:30-11:00 Basic Aspen Training for RTI Student Plans
Description: Learn the basics in using Aspen for RTI2 Documentation. This training is designed for new coaches, administrators, and those new to RTI2roles that will need to input and retrieve Aspen data for RTI2 students.
July 18, 2018 8:30-10:00 Aspen Reports for Retrieving data for RTI2 students
Description: Coaches and administrators will learn how to create reports from Aspen to evaluate and review progress leading to better decision making at the school level.
Department of Education Podcast
Using Aspen to See Next Year's RTI2 Students (Rising Secondary)