What is GPS ?
GPS stands for Global Positioning System. It is a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather, anywhere on the Earth, where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites. It is maintained by the United States government and is freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver.
The GPS program provides critical capabilities to military, civil and commercial users around the world. In addition, GPS is the backbone for modernizing the global air traffic system.
What type of Apps use GPS?
There are thousands of Apps that use GPS, However here are just a few examples:
· AmAze GPS
· Free GPS
· GPS Logbooks
· GPS Tracker
What Apps use GPS for
Here are a few examples of how the Apps above use GPS.
- Tracking mileage for reimbursement
- Bloging were you are on the plane
- Saying were and when a picture was taken
- Remind you of certain tasks when you are near them geographically
- To help people find you
- To help you find restraunts and shops