Friday, October 26, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- The Christmas Cheer referral list deadline is on FRIDAY, November 2, 2018. If you are aware of a student who needs be added to the list please notify Ms. Fehlman by Friday.
- Workday, Monday 29th - 8 - 3:30 with an 1-1/2 lunch
- Comments should be entered for all subjects on report cards.
- Be reminded that grades should be reviewed before finalizing. Students should not be penalized due to time off from the hurricane. Have you reviewed how many students have failed your class? Was the extra credit assignment factored into grades?
- When completing grades, how many EC students failed? Did they receive their accommodations? Have you spoken with the EC teacher? Has an IEP meeting been scheduled if the student is not being successful?
- Please review assembly behavior/expectations. Separate behavior issues. Pep Rally on Tuesday, Afternoon Assembly Schedule.
- Fall Trunk or Treat will be held on Wednesday of next week. Grade levels that have 18 or fewer referrals can participate. Stay tuned for a schedule and eligible grade levels.
- Reminder: Letters home must be approved by an administrator before distributing.
- Are you using your EQ, anchor chart and word wall during your instruction? Are you having students to stop talk and write multiple times during your lesson?
- Duty at Dismissal: All staff members should be at their duty stations as students dismiss. For the 2nd bell, line your students up in your room and walk them to the cafeteria. Please ensure students are quiet and orderly. Students should not be sent on their own or walk ahead without a teacher.
- Due to benchmark testing, planning will take place on Thursday. Please meet in your grade level classrooms.
- Let's all show up for the Football game at SHS on Tues, 10/30. Staff that plan to attend may wear jeans/spirit shirt on Tuesday. We will sit on the Visitor side. Come out and have some fun! Support our Spartans.
- What other profession would you pursue once you retire? Feel free to dress up on Oct. 31st. The best costume will be awarded a gift card.
- Please follow the benchmark schedule for both Tues and Wed. Movement should be quiet in the hallway.
- Parent Night - Please see the rooms that will be used on the sign up sheet. Make sure things are tidy. 6 - 7:30pm TEACHERS: the classroom with the highest number of students attending will win a prize!
- In preparation of parent night, be sure to have student work up in your classroom and hallway.
- Paint, Dine and Socialize - Are you coming? Nov 8, 6pm
- Lesson plans - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT PLAN UPLOADED. Dates should be included.
- COACHES - Be sure to send game highlights to Ms. Harris, Mrs. Carter and Mrs. Tippett.
- CLASSROOM TEACHERS - send class highlights to Ms. Harris, Mrs. Carter and Mrs. Tippett. Do you have a great activity to share? Send pics to place on our media pages.
- Staff Recognition nominations this week! All staff should complete nominations and submit. Details coming.
- Benchmark letters will go home with report cards - Nov 7
The following homerooms have been declared the winners of the Spring Hill Middle school bullying awareness month poster contest:
6th grade- Mrs. Chevalier
7th Grade- Mrs. Carter
8th Grade- Ms. VanDeVelde
Congratulations homerooms! you have won a tech day! This day will be chosen by your homeroom teacher.
IMPORTANT TESTING INFORMATION
Teachers, please ensure you have Mr. Dunham’s cell number in case of emergency on a test day. Be sure to call Mrs. Lewis, but be sure to notify Mr. Dunham as soon as possible.
Partners In Ministry Mentors
If you are interested in becoming a mentor for Partners in Ministry see the flyer attached.
A big shout out to SHMS staff for your great job of incorporating LF and utilizing in your teaching!!! Proud!
Thank you to SHMS staff for being flexible as there have been many last minute changes, lately, that is beyond our control.
A big shout out to our grade level chairs and department chairs for your hard work and effort.
Kudos to Ms. Houston and Ms. VandeVelde for going above and beyond to make a fellow colleague's day a little brighter. : )
Hats off to Mrs. Carter & Ms. Chevalier for signing up to do the Lexus Challenge with their students.
Shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Eley for their help with getting 8th grade science materials ready.
Monday, October 29 - Cross Country @ home
Tuesday, October 30 - Football @ SHS
Tuesday, October 30 - Track @ Reid Ross
Tuesday, October 30 - Pep Rally
Wednesday, October 31 - Discipline reward "Trunk or Treat"
Thursday, November 1 - Student Support Mtg 9am
Thursday, November 1 - Chocolate money due
Thursday, November 1 - Cross Country @ Anson
Friday, November 2 - End of 1st Nine Weeks Grading Period
Monday/ Tuesday, November 5/6 - Classroom/EC teacher planning daysMonday, November 5 - Faculty Meeting
Wednesday, November 7 - Report cards sent home
Thursday, November 8 - Paint & Dine night (RSVP)
Thursday, November 8 - Awards Program
Thursday, November 8 - Native American Assembly 2:15
Thursday, November 8 - Paint, Dine and Socialize 6pm
Friday, November 9 - Picture Day / Sports Pictures