Welcome Back Newsletter
August 25, 2023
News from Principal Emma Liebowitz
We hope you had a fabulous summer and are ready for school to start! We are excited to see you! This newsletter has information that will help us have a smooth start. Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions. We hope to see many of you at the potluck on Wednesday!
We have some new staff joining us for the news year. Here are the latest updates:
April West - Sixth Grade Teacher
Jonathan Chapman - Physical Education Teacher
Danielle Godden - Speech-Language Pathologist
Kylee Bravmann - Paraprofessional
Luke Perkins - Paraprofessional
Glenda Spurling - Paraprofessional
Laura Walker - Paraprofessional
Wednesady, August 30 - Family Potluck at 5:30 (see details below)
Thursday, August 31 - 12:30 Dismissal
Friday, September 1 - 12:30 Dismissal
Monday, September 4 - No School
Tuesday, September 19 - Open House - 6:00-7:00
Wednesday, September 20 - 1:50 Dismissal
Tuesday, September 26 - Picture Day
Wednesday, September 27 - 1:50 Dismissal
ROUTE #6 7:55 Pleasant St.7:58 Gloyd/Old South St. 8:02 South Central St. 8:06 North Union
St. 8:07 North Union St./ North St. 8:08 North St. 8:09 Campbell St/Grant St. 8:12 Grant St. 8:15 East Main St (MA-116). 8:17 East Main St/Jones Ave. 8:19 Crn of Cummington Rd/Rte.116. 8:23 Spruce Corner Rd. 8:26 Stone Wall Drive. Continue onto Sanderson Academy
ROUTE #8 7:58 Creamery Rd. 8:04 West Rd. 8:12 Williamsburg Rd. 8:19 Rte.116/Hill Rd. 8:21
Conway Rd. 8:23 South St/Main St. 8:24 Steady Lane. 8:27 Cape St. Continue to Sanderson
ROUTE #9 7:48 Baptist Crn Rd/Warger Rd. 7:50 Baptist Crn Rd/Barns Rd.7:53 Main St.
(Ashfield House). 7:55 Main St. 8:02 Bottom of Ashfield Mt. Rest Area. 8:05Apple Valley Rd.
8:07 Cemetery Rd/Apple Valley Rd. 8:12 Hawley Rd. 8:16 Old Stage Rd./Hawley Rd. Continue
onto Sanderson Academy.
ROUTE #88 7:47- 7:55 West St. 8:00 Upper Liberty St./ Prospect St. 8:04 Prospect St. 8:24
Watson Spruce Corner Rd. 8:27 Bug Hill Rd. Continue to Sanderson Academy.
- Parking lot space is tight. If you park, please know that you will be blocked in until it is safe to exit.
- Drivers should remain in vehicles except to (un)buckle students, if needed.
- Cars should not be in the circle when buses are there. Cars cannot pass buses on school property even if flashing lights are off.
- Drop-off: The earliest students can be dropped off is 8:30 unless enrolled in before school care. Cars should only enter the driveway closest to the sign (middle driveway). Take the immediate right. Students should quickly exit the vehicle. Staff members will be present to help direct students.
- Pick-up: We will dismiss students that are being picked-up at 3:10. Please note that this is 5 minutes later than last year. Cars should only enter the driveway closest to the sign (middle driveway). This may require vehicles to wait on the main road in the breakdown lane. Please allow space for buses to pass. Take the immediate right and pull up to the car ahead. A staff member will be present to bring children to cars.
- Bus Dismissal: We will load buses at 3:10. Buses will leave Sanderson at 3:15.
SPECIFIC TO PRESCHOOL:
Preschool families can pull into the circle for drop-off after all buses have left. This is usually after 8:35. Cars cannot pass buses on school property even if flashing lights are off. For pick-up at 2:30, parking in the circle is permitted.
Reminder: If there is change to your child(ren)'s dismissal routine, please send a note or contact the school. If we do not receive a note or other form of communication, it is assumed your child(ren) are following their typical dismissal.
Students can ride buses to alternate locations if there is room on the bus and a note/communication is received.