Grapevine Mustang Band
Sept 24, 2021
Bands of America
Congratulations to the Mustang Band! Last weekend the Mustang Band traveled to McAllen, TX to participate in the Band's first BOA contest in over 20 years!
The Mustang Band placed 3rd in our class and 9th overall. This marks the Band's first class placement and first time advancing to finals in school history!
Music for All’s Bands of America (BOA) marching band championships are the premier events for marching band in the nation. BOA’s marching band shows offer positively life-changing experiences for the students, teachers, and parents of the bands who participate, as well as fans and spectators.
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Students that are ineligible after today's grade check will not be able to participate in performances starting Oct 1. Students are still required to attend rehearsals and participate.
- IMPORTANT***All students must complete the TMEA Student Agreement form below and return it to Ms. Irby.
- Spectators don't forget to get your WHITE OUT HOMECOMING shirt for Friday's game. Band members will wear their band uniform. Order soon--shirts are limited and going FAST!
- All of this week's itineraries are below.
- Band members, make sure you are prepared for rehearsals as temperatures and weather is changing. Woodwinds, this also means instrument maintenance and reed care! Make sure your reeds are healthy and you are rotating. Ms. Irby is going to be doing reed checks!
- All rehearsals are required events during the school year. Students need to start the year out strong not to get behind in their other classes.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- All band fees should be paid in full. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to email@example.com, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Chaperones needed! Sign up HERE. Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See below for Band Booster Notes, Volunteer opportunities, etc.! It takes a village!
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email email@example.com to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
ACCESSORY ORDER: Accessories will be distributed as soon as possible after their arrival.
1) We have four (10/15, 10/22, 10/29, and 11/05) openings to provide snacks to the guard after the games. Snack will be given to the guard after the game responsibilities are fulfilled and served in the band parking lot. Guard may not have their snack or drink in uniform. We will need additional snacks provided for competition days etc. Stay tuned for those dates. Please email Rosa Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
2) We have five openings on the laundry schedule. This is to wash both the spirit uniform and the marching unitard the kids will wear to perform. The uniforms will need to be taken home on Friday in the garment bags, laundered and returned on Monday hung in the garment bags. Soap and care instructions will be provided to you. We need someone to help 10/15, 10/29, and 11/05. We will also need help on competition days, those dates will be provided soon with the snack schedule.
We need you!
We are in need of volunteers to help serve band meals to the kids for games and competitions. Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090545ada82aab9-ghsmustang
Please see the information regarding pit crew help for the McAllen trip. It takes a village!
North Texas Giving Day is September 23rd!!! This is such an exciting day because non-profits in North Texas have the opportunity to share what they bring to the community and support each other as we raise funds to lift up all non-profits.
Last year over 3300 non-profits received a total of $58.8 million dollars. GHS Band is participating again this year and OUR GOAL is $5000. Early giving has already begun!! You can search GHS Band at www.northtexasgivingday.org to donate. Donations are tax-deductible and you can print a receipt.
If you are interested in being a matching donor you can choose the amount you would like to give and email email@example.com. You will be listed as a matching donor on our NTGD profile!! Matching donors do not pay online, but give their donation directly to the band right after Sept. 23rd.
Stay tuned for fun social media posts featuring our kids, updates to our online profile, and announcements regarding matching donors!!
WHITE OUT SHIRTS
The theme for our Homecoming game this year is WHITE OUT! Students, parent and fans of Mustang Nation will dress in white for the October 1st game against FW Polytech in a show of unity for our great school and community. You can pick up a WHITE OUT shirt for $10 at the band hall when a band director is around or at lunches the week before the Homecoming game. We also have a form to order, pay and then pick up. Go Mustangs!
Please see the form below.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.