October 15th, 2021
Bulls Prep Weekly Newsletter
Nov. 4-5: Report Card Pickup
- Nov. 4: Regular school day; conferences 4:15-6:15pm
Nov. 5: Asynchronous learning day; conferences 8:15-11am
Fall Pause (Fall Break)
- This week was chosen since we have already scheduled 10/21 and 10/22 as non-school days.
- Monday October 18 will be a Wellness Day for all students and staff, and our buildings and offices will be closed. Tuesday October 19 through Friday October 22, all staff will be engaged in learning and professional development, all in the name of forwarding Noble’s mission and vision, and there will be no school for scholars.
- Staff will use the time for Professional Development and continuing to implement our Noble Community Pact.
PAC Meeting: Student Safety, Arrival, and Dismissal
- Learn more about new systems we’ve put in place for student safety
- Provide suggestions and feedback around arrival and dismissal procedures
SAVE THE DATES for Quarter 1 Report Card Pickup
- The primary windows for conferences will be Thursday, Nov. 4 from 4:15-6:15pm and Friday, Nov. 5 from 8:15-11am. Classes will be held as usual on Thursday, and Friday will be an asynchronous learning day.
- Conferences will be held both virtually and in person at Bulls Prep (based on each family’s preference).
- The building will be open for families to meet with both advisors and teachers during the windows above, and the main office will also be open at these times.
- Quarter 1 grades close on Friday, October 29.
Senior Cap and Gown Portraits + 9th-11th Photo Retakes
- Senior cap and gown photos: In order to manage wait times, students are assigned a 30 minute window to attend-- see here for details, including assigned times and dress code expectations. Caps and gowns will be provided that day.
- 9th-11th graders who missed getting their picture taken in September will also get their pictures taken on Nov. 5. They may come any time 11-12:30 that day, and they must wear a school-branded top.
London and Paris Trip Summer 2022
We wanted to send a reminder if you haven’t yet enrolled for our Europe trip! Our trip with EF Educational Tours will take place next Summer 2022. There has been an overwhelming amount of interest and excitement around this destination. We’ve been blown away by the response and wanted to give everyone one final chance to enroll.
Make sure to enroll by the deadline of October 22nd at 9:00pm PDT to reserve your spot. Enroll and see our trip website at eftours.com/2469246CD.
*EF is offering a Risk-Free Enrollment Period, meaning if you sign up now, you have until February 1, 2022 to cancel with a full, 100% refund. This allows families with uncertain financial situations in the future to cancel, if needed, and lose no money in the process!
If you have questions, please let me know or call EF traveler support at 1-800-665-5364.
Parents Right to Know Letter
In accordance with ESEA Section 1111(h)(6) PARENTS RIGHT-TO-KNOW, Noble Network of Charter Schools is notifying every parent of a student in a Title I school that you have the right and may request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher. This information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers including, at a minimum, the following:
Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If at any time your child has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by a teacher not highly qualified, the school will notify you.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Amy Hynes via email: email@example.com or telephone: (312) 348-1890.
The state of Illinois requires students to maintain certain health requirements. All students must meet these requirements by October 15, 2021 in order to be allowed to continue attending school. Please contact our Main Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. Medical forms/immunization records may be dropped off at school. All freshmen must have an updated physical exam and complete immunization records. You may print a certificate of health exam or proof of dental exam to bring with you to your health provider. The completed copies should be sent to our school by October 15th.
Seniors missing their second dose of the meningitis vaccine may not be allowed to participate in Senior Events. Please use this link or click the button below to submit your immunization records.
Family Engagement Opportunities
Shades for the Future Program by Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital
- The Shades for the Future program is a 6-week work experience at Lurie Children’s Hospital that will provide students with unique experiences for those interested in pursuing a future in a healthcare related career. Students must be 17 years of age by the start of the program and must apply by Sun, 1/24. Here is this flyer for students and their families and you can apply here. Reach out to Ms. Gunty at email@example.com with any questions.
Greenwood Project’s Virtual High School Internship Overview on 10/26
- This virtual session will give students face time with the CEO & Founder of Greenwood Project and cover the benefits of their two paid financial internship programs. Open to all 11th and 12th grade Noble students and their families, attendees will also gain support for the application process. Here is this flyer for students and their families. Interested students can register here for the Zoom virtual event that’s scheduled for Tues, Oct 26 from 6-7 pm. Reach out to Ms. Gunty at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Rush Education and Career Hub (REACH) at Rush University Medical Center - Internship Program Information Sessions on 10/21 and 10/28
- REACH is welcoming students, parents, and teachers to join them for their 2-day informational session to learn more about the MedSTEM Explorers and MedSTEM Pathways internship programs. Here is this flyer, which also includes Zoom registration links. Reach out to Ms. Gunty at email@example.com with any questions.
Interested 8th grade families: Virtual Open House
- Chicago Bulls College Prep will be hosting a virtual open house next week Thursday, October 21st at 6PM. Please click here to RSVP or click the button below. Links will be emailed families and posted on our website. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An in-person open house will take place on Saturday, November 20th. Details and link to RSVP will be available next week.