What's the Buzz?!?
Sunday, April 4, 2016
I have really enjoyed being in your classrooms for observations and discussing with you best practices afterwards in our post-observation conversations. I have also enjoyed teaching side by side with some of you in class. If you have a lesson that you would like me to co-teach with you, just say the word and I will schedule it! Now that I have completed all but two of my formal observations I will begin my walk through evaluations again this week!
Finally, please find below a link to register for a webinar titled: "Differentiating a Learning Disability From a Learning Difference". I thought some of you might be interested given the increase in parents (and society) wanting to label each child with a learning disability. That is not to diminish the fact that many students require accommodations in the classroom to aide with their learning disabilities, but rather another resource to help you decipher between the two. The webinar will take place this Wednesday, April 6. Additionally, there are forms in the Central Office if you choose to view this and use the CEU's for license renewal.
Here are some reminders for the upcoming weeks:
- Monday we will participate in an all school Rosary at 2:00pm in the Church.
- Tuesday will be a JEANS DAY for reaching our FIRST car raffle goal. We are currently at $14,300- THIS IS AWESOME! We still have a lot of work to do, but I am confident that we will do it! I will do a OneCallNow tomorrow evening to remind students of the jeans day, as well as mention it over the announcements.
- Wednesday we will enjoy our Chipotle lunch! If you have not placed your order yet, please do so with Kara tomorrow BEFORE 3:00pm so we can get it faxed over.
- I will be out of the building on Thursday, April 7 for an Accreditation meeting. As always, if you need anything, you can reach me at 330-819-9234.
- Please note the schedule Mallory has provided you with for AIR testing. We will have Christina and Lauren administer the testing as to not disturb her work with her regularly scheduled students. If you have any questions at all regarding the testing please do not hesitate to ask.
- Kindergarten screening will take place on April 12 and 13 in the Gym. Thanks to Shelly, Stephanie, and Eileen for all of their hard work in organizing this. Please look for information from Carly as to where gym classes will take place (God willing, outside with NO SNOW:) ).
- Please plan to join me at the State of the School address on Thursday, April 14 at 7:15 PM. It should last only about a half hour and your presence, although not mandatory, would be greatly appreciated and serve as a good testament to our parents of your support of intentions of the school.
5 Minutes for Faith
I have been following a number of daily reflections during Lent and plan to continue to do so during the Easter season. Below is the reflection for this Tuesday. I liked it a lot because of one of the lines in the reflection that says, "each of us is an individual... for others." This reflection reminds us that everything we are given by God is given to us for the sake of others. So, as you enter your classrooms this week, I encourage you to think of what God has given you to benefit others. Really highlight your talents this week- I am looking forward to it!
Feel free to toggle around this site for other brief, daily reflections.
Time to Clean!
Additionally, I ask that in addition to your daily clean up with your students you also clorox wipe the desks each week. This could be a Friday or a Monday 5 minute activity- but will definitely help to keep all of us healthy these last weeks of school.
I thank you for your constant diligence in the care of upkeep of our building. It is nice to partner with our facilities staff to ensure that our building is SHINE-ing as bright as we do :)