By: Nick Barnes
- They wanted to ratify a new constitution.
- They favored a powerful federal government.
- Believed that there was no bill of rights needed.
- The Federalist papers were written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, And John Jay, supporting the ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
- They Opposed ratifying the new constitution
- They wanted a weak federal government, and a strong state government.
- They wanted a bill of rights in the constitution.
- They opposed it because they were afraid that the government would be just like the old government with Britain.
Ratification of the contstitution
- The federalists promised to add a bill of rights to the constitution.
- The passing/ratification succeeded.
- James Madison, John Jay, and Alexander Hamilton wrote it.
- They wanted to make everyone happy.